Do you sit around and shuffle your decks?

Amsonia

I tend to only shuffle before a reading, because if I need something to do with my hands I crochet. But I really like the idea of shuffling while taking off in a plane, that is a tense moment and I do think that shuffling cards would be something to take my mind off of the fact that my body is being flung into the air in a metal hunk-o-junk... :)

Gulliver

Me too, I tend to only shuffling before a reading too. To "keep my hands busy" there is a piano near me. For relaxation there are massages or bathing. TV I don't look (or extremely rare). But..I think the main reason is: I want to keep my decks pristine. I totally understand if someone likes worn decks (like old jeans), but I'm extremely careful with my cards, I like pristine cards, I guess.

tarotbear

No. The last thing in the world I'd be doing is sitting around shuffling my decks for no reason at all. I have arthritis and carpel tunnel syndrome in both hands and wrists. Shuffling for no reason which would cause MAJOR pain is the LAST thing I'd do.

You asked!

Shanachie05

I thought I was crazy.
I misplaced a whole bunch of decks, and this past week have been rebuilding the collection. They are all new and feel strange. So. I have just been shuffling them.

rwcarter

Generally? No. I knit or crochet while watching TV.

But I did shuffle Chris Butler's Gay Tarot over 1500 times to break it in and overcome the horrible Schiffer cardstock. By the time I got the deck broken in, I'd lost interest in it. :( (Schiffer has gotten better about its cardstock for some decks. Beth Seilonen's Bleu Cat Tarot has exquisite cardstock.)

Tarotwolf

I love to shuffle while watching t.v. at night. Except for three or four favorite decks, I'll always wash my hands before shuffling or handling any cards. I have duplicates of my favorite shuffling decks. Yes, I know that sounds odd. But basically I'm a collector at heart and the oils on your hands will mark up the card stock. The really odd thing is I have an entire library of books and don't give a second thought to handling them.

GlitterNova

Me too, I tend to only shuffling before a reading too. To "keep my hands busy" there is a piano near me. For relaxation there are massages or bathing. TV I don't look (or extremely rare). But..I think the main reason is: I want to keep my decks pristine. I totally understand if someone likes worn decks (like old jeans), but I'm extremely careful with my cards, I like pristine cards, I guess.

My favorite deck to randomly shuffle is a cheap and easily obtainable Lo Scarabeo deck for that reason. I'm not afraid of wearing it at all. Also on a related note, I don't do this with my borderless decks as well. As much as I LOVE the look of borderless decks, they always tend to chip and get visible wear around the edges even with minimal shuffling. So no random shuffling for them either. It turns out white borders can be beneficial after all!

Kristyjnh

I totally shuffle absently while I watch TV or something. It's nice to do something with your hands that doesn't distract your eyes. This happens to me sometimes when I try to read someone, I get caught up in shuffling and don't want to draw cards. It's hard sometimes to tell when you need to stop shuffling so you can cut and draw!

ravenest

No I dont go around continually shuffling my deck. Nor do I take it with me so I can shuffle it. I think if I started doing that I would think that I was being obsessive.