backpacks
steak knifes lol
wings
apples
broken glass
key /keys
lightning bolt
fountain pens

I don't know how much you want to stick to traditional, you can also not add the elements in the art work and add just a little symbol with the number card

Just ideas

rhombchick

Oh gosh!
He draws so beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I don't think I can fit enough exclamation marks to show how impressed I am.
I think that is a brilliant approach. Getting someone to do a deck having never seen an RWS.
Fresh, yet comfortably familiar.
Good on you guys!
I'm so glad you posted this on FB otherwise I might have missed it!

Celice

This is awesome, I can't wait to see more!

jcwirish

Great card! I love the Fool at a train station. Artwork is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashtaroot

here is what came to mind :D

The Magician
Person: Male
Things: elements/tools
Comparative Character: Doctor Strange (Marvel)/Mcgiver/ Lupin LOL
Description: shrewd/tactical/master/wizard/genius
Feelings: weary/always ready/calculating/ a step ahead/ in control

The High Priestess
Person: Female
Things: moon, water, book or a scroll/ apple or pomegranate
Comparative Character: the oracle in the Matrix/ Jean Grey (Marvel XMen) she has unlimited psychic powers/Deanna Troi (Startrek next generation)/ The seer in Scorpion king/ maybe Watchers+Sniffers combined from the movie Push
Description: counselor, between worlds, sees the bigger picture, knows all ancient mysteries,seer.
Feeling: empathic, mysterious, psychic, intuition, visions, wisdom, knowledge.

Empress
Person: Female
Things: nature/tree/harvest/kids
Comparative Character: Gaea (Marvel)/ the alien from the movie Alien.. I know I know but think about it a little as an alien ;)/ Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music
Description: strong/protectress/loving/abundance/fertile/renewal cycle
Feelings: Unconditional love/ nurturing/ generous/ creative

Ashtaroot

any new news??

rhombchick

HA!
I was just thinking that! And I came to find out and someones asked the same question.... :D

Sinduction

He's been working on the actual figure to go in the Fool card but isn't happy with what he's come up with. I think he's not sure about how the body should be positioned or something like that. I don't understand art speak so I'm not totally sure.

He has been tightening up the background in the mean time.

He's working right now so..... :D I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe something more to show by the end of the weekend?

Sinduction

Fool

Here's the same card, colored sepia, still no fool and the dog has been removed for now. Another dog will replace it, no idea what kind though. It's a secret!

He mainly finished the background, still working on what style he wants to make the actual "people."

Anyway, here's what he's got for now. I really like it.

yirabeth

Gorgeous! I like it both ways - graytone and sepia. I think "full color" would somehow lessen it..but I'm not an artist so I really don't know I guess hehe.

~Yira