Moon sign question

Bronwyn1

I'm not really very good with astrology and I have a question hopefully someone can give me insight into. I've been reading up on moon signs as far as compatability goes. Wouldn't this be a more accurate indication of a compatable relationship than sun signs?

poivre

Bronwyn1 said:
Wouldn't this be a more accurate indication of a compatable relationship than sun signs?

Interested in astrology, but not good at it :D
I'm starting to feel that the moon sign is more personal
to oneself than the sun sign. There is a different kind of "truth" found.
With this, maybe relationships would be different if we
focused on the moon sign.

With the sun sign I feel like everyone "think" they know us because
we're an Aries, Tauras etc.

Didn't answer your question, but understand what your asking.

ros
:)

Bronwyn1

No, you did answer my question. The moon sign almost seems more "personal"?,...

Nevada

Well I don't think that any planet considered alone will tell much of the story. But I'd agree the Moon has more personal meaning -- at least in my experience -- than other heavenly bodies in my chart. In fact many of the people close to me have the same Moon sign (Taurus) that I do. The transiting Moon can also have a lot of impact on how I'm getting along with others from day to day, maybe just because it moves so quickly around the chart and I'm slow to adapt to its constant changes. But Mars seems to be the planet that gets me in the most trouble. :rolleyes: When the two get together -- when the Moon and Mars (mine is in Pisces) aspect each other in my chart in any way -- it can cause some havoc. I try to keep close tabs on where the Moon is and what it's doing, because that seems to clue me in on most of my bumps in the road before they occur.

There are some months I'd just as soon blow up the Moon or Mars and be done with it. :bugeyed: Just call it my personal form of lunacy.

star-lover

the moon is very important in relationships/synastry as it is about our feelings, needs, instincts, emotions, contentment, sense of safety and security,belonging

with the moon you just react naturally, with the sun there is effort involved

both are very important but if you look after your moon you can reduce alot of stress

IsisSophia

Hi Bronwyn :)
Yes, the moon is very important in issues of compatability. But I think that a comparison between both suns and moons in the charts is a better indication of compatability. The moon is your emotional response and sun is your self expression. If suns and moons are in incompatible signs, the emotional response to the other persons way of expressing themselves will be stressful in some way, making harmony and understanding between the two very difficult. If your moon is compatable with the other person's sun, and visa versa, there should be a natural sense of understanding between the two of you.

Bronwyn1

I know what you mean. It's really funny because the people I gravitate towards end up having the same sun and moon sign as myself!

Bronwyn1

There's a very good friend of mine, we both have sun in aquarius, my moon in in aries and his is in sag. This seems to work really well.

IsisSophia

There's a very good friend of mine, we both have sun in aquarius, my moon in in aries and his is in sag. This seems to work really well.

Yes, that's a very nice mix because these signs are all sextile each other. You both have Aquarius suns so you like and respect each others unique self expression and enjoy an interchange of ideas (air sign). Sag and Aries are trine fire signs so you are both high energy people with a zest for life, adventure and new experience. You probably have a lot of fun together! :D

In this example, if you were looking only at the moon signs, it would still work very well. The problem with only considering moon signs is what if you run into someone who has a compatable moon but has the sun in say Taurus or Scorpio, which would square your Aquarius sun? You might feel sympathetic and understanding with each other, but would run into problems with the way you each express yourself. Not that it would be impossible...other factors in the chart have to be considered. But it is an indication of a lot of stress in the relationship. :)

lionesss

It's interesting. My husband and I have a huge mix as far as compatability goes... overall it's been challenging but very workable and we intend to work on our challenges. I am a Leo Sun, Taurus Moon and Sag rising and he is a Scorpio Sun, Aquarius Moon and Taurus rising. Our saving grace has been the fact that my Moon (and Mars) and his Ascendant conjunct one another, so there is a lot of understanding there... and my rising sign and his Moon sign sextile one another.

However, my mother in law is another story. She is also a Taurus Sun (which squares my Sun but conjuncts my Moon) but her Moon is in Capricorn (not sure what her rising sign is, no exact time of birth has been noted)... and my Moon and her Moon does trine one another. Though I do have compassion to some degree for the woman, and have forgiven her for a lot of the things that she has done to me...and I do understand where she is coming from.. but she is living at a low vibration and that in itself is repulsive. It's one thing if she wanted help but she refuses it. Even my husband has tried to help her and the thanks that he gets is her screaming at him for 3 days! I guess because of the fact that her Moon and Sun trine one another, she is even more resistant to change and has no sense of spirituality what so ever. Even though she is miserable, she is too comfortable in her state... probably due to her Moon and Sun trine (and being earth signs). Even though my Moon and her Moon trine one another (which is why I understand where she is coming from), I cannot be around the woman! From what I see in the chart I was best able to come up with for her, there is a lot more friction than ease. Anyway my point is, the Moon sign will help to a degree as far as compatibility goes.. if anything like mentioned above it will help you understand where the other is coming from if your Moon is compatible with theirs.. but it doesn't mean you will necessarily get along.