New Lenormand Deck with an Old Look

ladybird

I received my decks and they are awesome! Great work on remastering this one, Seven Stars! I've been reading with them for a couple of days and I'm enjoying the feel of this deck more than the LoScarabeo Lenormand of the same artwork. I've become a mini harlot when it comes to Lenormand sizes so of course I had to have one of these in a mini too. I was able to get this in the smooth card stock too. The linen is a lovely card stock but for some reason I prefer the smooth finish.

I got out the Tim Holtz Old Paper inkpad (which is a kind of greenish beige ink) and colored the edges. It makes the deck feel extra used. Like people got their oily fingers on it over the years. The other great thing about this deck is I can shuffle it as hard as I want and throw it into my case with no worry that I will ruin the cards. This man-handling will only add to the cards faux aged look. Perfect! :heart:

seven stars

Ladybird - thank you. You are such an inspiration. I wish we could work on something together.

greatdane

Oh yay it came!

I wasn't expecting it for weeks! I just ordered about a week ago and it arrived!
It's so lovely. IT'S GREAT BORDERLESS, INSERTLESS, with NO VERSES WHOO HOO!
I got the poker size which is great because it's easier to see for me. I am nearsighted, can read a book without glasses, but beyond that....so this is a perfect size. I was flipping through the cards and went hey...some of these are...blank! And then I realized it was the EXTRA cards lol. OH and thanks for the backs, seven stars! PERFECT! SO...for those who love the look of an old classic, just without those big inserts at the top, and borderless....I don't think it gets better than this. SO HAPPY!

silverwings94

Can I ask what Lenormand deck you are referring to? It sounds interesting.

greatdane

The Altenburger seven stars redid

Originally the Altenburger Spielkarten...which now Seven Stars calls the Vintage Altenburger Lenormand.

seven stars

thank you greatdane. Silver, scroll back a ways in the thread & there are pix, or you can see them on my etsy page. =)) Actually I just shortened it to Vintage German Lenormand since who's going to remember a long name like Altenburger?

greatdane

I will! Lol

I have been practicing :). I shall remember it's name always, but yes, german is shorter!
It is TRULY lovely, seven stars. It has the perfect flavor of old, somber deck. I think it all just....works! Excellent case btw. Whether ATers like with inserts, verses, no inserts (MY personal fav), borders or borderless, I HIGHLY recommend this deck! THIS IS A MAJOR KEEPER FOR ME.

MoonGypsy

i have received my latest package from our Seven Stars and i am absolutely thrilled with it. [as per usual! :D] This one is the Bridge sized Lenormand with Poem inserts [red F backs] and the mini with playing card inserts [red F backs] They are so lovely! :heart:

greatdane

Isn't it incredible, MG?

I use mine more than any of my others. I LOVE the cardstock! This Crone got the poker size with no borders and well, no anything but the images. It so POPS! ENJOY, but I know you will, MG!

MoonGypsy

I use mine more than any of my others. I LOVE the cardstock! This Crone got the poker size with no borders and well, no anything but the images. It so POPS! ENJOY, but I know you will, MG!

Yep, they are fabulous, my dear GD! i already had the bridge with the card inserts and the brownish D backs, and i love it so much, i decided to get the poems in bridge and a mini--and the faded red backs, which i love too! i love everything about these decks! And of course, the cardstock doesn't get any better than this. [IMHO];)