archeon creator interview

Sidhe-Ra

I hadn't looked at that before- VERY beautiful work, allegorical or not. I like it very much indeed. :)

Personally I am confident in my own reality, where most things that go bump in the night are all too real!

Blessings,

Em x

euripides

Interesting to get a bit of an insight into your creative approach.

Reminds me how much I want this deck. Must put some stars beside it on my wishlist...

I just love this layered, rich stuff. I'm reading a magazine called 'ImagineFX' which has some amazing fantasy art, great ideas on using Photoshop. When I was an art student all that had to happen in the composition, on the film or in the darkroom...

Little Hare

thanks for posting this :D i also really must have this deck... i love it!

I think this is something you can definitely trace back to my love of comic books. I was a voracious reader as a child and one of the things I couldn’t get enough of was comics.
... This reminds me of me! i'm such a comic book nerd... you can see your love of comics through the cards

DraagonStorm

euripides

I just checked out the ImagineFX site and registered.. Went to check on a subscription. I haven't subscriped to a magazine since the 80's... The cost showed 54.00 pounds which would be 105.81 USD per an exchange rate site. That would be over $8.00 an issue. Is that what it cost you? Am I that far behind the times?

BB
DraagonStorm

euripides

I haven't subscribed yet, bought at the newsagent for around $20 AU each. OUCH! But worth it - its such a rich resource for me. I've already got an idea for an article triggered by something I read that will pay for the cover price.

PMing you about it.

Moonboy

Your deck is amazing, friend, and the interview was great to read.

harleyquinn

ur cards r wonderful

i have this deck and it is beautiful i love the artwork but i noticed at the interveiw website there some artwork there are awesome i may have to get a few of them i like the interveiw
*~~HARLEYQUINN~~*

Dave's Angel

I bought this deck back in November or December, and adore it. Euripides and peacepixie, you must buy it.

Normally I'm not a fan of photo-based decks as they look too "clean", but the Archeon has a wonderful dreamlike quality - the pictures have had a sort of distemper-like texture applied in most instances which blurs details and does leave the eye free to imagine. It does take my mind up roads that I'd never associated with a card.

On a different level... LOL.... I couldn't help but notice the Magician looks distinctly like Keanu Reeves, and recently a couple of people I've shown the deck off to have said that the Devil must surely be gay. I'd not noticed that, but since it was pointed out to me I've been unable to see anything but a gay Devil!

I've not yet tried doing readings with them yet (I'm not even certain I could, at least not at the moment, they need to "talk" to me more first), but I've used them meditationally with stunning results.