New Alice Tarot Deck from Baba Studios!!!

midniteeye

not sure if this has been posted, since i do not see another thread here on the board, yet i cannot imagine people not talking about it.

Curioser and Curioser. The Alice Tarot - 2010
So after much, "will we, won't we?" we finally are working on another tarot deck and loving every minute of it. First pictures will be sent out in the newsletter in January.

It's a quirky, dark Alice but with lots of humour and prettiness also. Our White Rabbit is no fluffy bunny, Alice is bemused and inclined to argue, and as for the White Queen...
The deck will not be opening for pre-orders until late in spring or summer 2010 so plenty of time as yet!

Many thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of our tarot work. It's what finally made us decide to make the leap (down the rabbit hole) and embark on another deck.

Amary

You might want to add that that's from the Baba Studios newsletter... :D

There's a thread in Advertising. It's exciting, isn't it!

LotusSong

Yes, Alice in Wonderland done right! Now that is one thing worth saving up the money to buy the special edition of. And the standard edition. When they come out I'll be buying them both, as collector's items and reading decks. I'm going to have to start saving soon. I bet shipping is going to cost a small fortune...

Cerulean

That is the delightful, wierdest thing...I just received a manga Alice in Wonderland

tarot that I enjoy for it's whimsical flair...and while I had seen the other Wonderland Tarot that was originally published by U.S. Games...I wasn't tempted. But I was hoping to seek another one soon...

But Great Minds putting together a Magical Realist Alice in Wonderland deck--Curiouser and Curiouser!

And actually rather delightful news for a rainy day.

***Tossing pennies and quarters in a nice savings jar for my 'pre-order' and final order***

Happy Daze!

Cerulean

strings of life

I posted in the other thread that Amary mentioned.

Hooray!

Now this is going to be one to wait for. Lewis Carroll would be proud. Funny, this is on my winter vacation reading list (when I have some extra bonus time from work).

rif

LotusSong said:
Yes, Alice in Wonderland done right!

To be fair, I have the original Wonderland Tarot and I think it's just peachy.

There is always room for more Alice though! :D

Miss Divine

This is wonderful news! I just love all of the Baba decks!!

Le Fanu

Great news. No pressure (of course). I just hope - if it's true - that the whole process of creating is exciting and enriching for them and that there's lots of adrenelin rushing somewhere in Prague...

Whenever it's ready, Im sure it will be just fabulous. I quite like the US Games Wonderland Tarot, but I don't think it really does very much. I can imagine the Magic Realist Press getting all that is Wonderful in the Alice universe and running with it...

Libra8ca

This is such exciting news! A dark "Alice" deck sounds so intriguing and I am really looking forward to it! I am glad to hear that it will be a little (?) dark and not too "fluffy". Now the pressure is on :D

magpie9

[size=+2]:party: This is simply Wonderful news! :party:
[/size] :party: