the high priestess, devil and the empress

roseinthewinter12

I did a larger spread in regards to a me guy and I. I asked the tarot to tell me about my relationship with him. In the how he feels about column the cards were the high priestess, the devil, the empress. The deck used was the universal waite.

so here is my interpretation of the reading

the high priestess to me represents more of a psychic connection. The high priestess also does not speak of romance to me. She just doesn't give off romantic vibes. So maybe we do have a strong mental connection but it will be a platonic one? Could the high priestess have sexual or romantic undertones?

the next card is the devil, to me this says be careful. There could possibly be come deception ( I am always on the lookout for deception when it comes to men) but I've also learned the devil isn't necessarily as heavily negative as I had thought. Maybe a possible strong physical attraction,

the last card is the empress. Possibly qualities he likes about me? I don't see this as him seeing me as a maternal figure towards him. Maybe he sees me as warm , desirable. Possibly he thinks I would make a good mother. Which in my mind is a similarly connected to the devil and sexual attraction. But at the same time although the empress speaks of mothering and nurturing I don't see it in a sexual way. She's like an earth mother. She looks replete and content. but since this is really about his feelings towards me maybe he feels nurturing towards me?

So to sum up what I think the cards are saying he feels a mental/psychic connection to me but at the same time he feels a strong physical attraction, maybe he thinks about me often? He sees me as warm nurturing maybe he feels I might be a good mother.

Is my interpretation way off?

rwcarter

The High Priestess is often considered to be virginal, so a psychic connection sounds about right. I can see the Devil as a physical connection (one that might not be sexual). Empress could just say that he feels that you're the nurturing type.

The HP pulls the Devil away from a sexual context, so I don't see a strong sexual feeling toward you. Not that it can't/won't happen, but at the time of the reading, it's not there.

Rodney

roseinthewinter12

Call me crazy but this is actually good news to me. We've been friends for quite some time he his expressed a desire for something more. But I always hesitant with a friends to lovers situation. It can be awesome or totally ruin things. This might be completely clueless on my part but what do you mean by a physical connection that isn't sexual? Sorry if that is a silly question

summeryjoy

I'm curious, did you only use Major Arcana for that spread? It's awfully peculiar that his column was full of Major Arcana cards, which are usually much more powerful in the meaning they carry than the Minor Arcana.

In any case, I think the guy is very impressed by you. I am going to go out on the limb and say that your fit his idea of the Divine Feminine.

The Devil may indicate a sexual attraction, I don't see why the HP would strip it of that. It's not the meaning that stands out the most though. More likely, this relationship (whatever its nature may be) has potential of being addictive.

roseinthewinter12

I'm curious, did you only use Major Arcana for that spread? It's awfully peculiar that his column was full of Major Arcana cards, which are usually much more powerful in the meaning they carry than the Minor Arcana.

In any case, I think the guy is very impressed by you. I am going to go out on the limb and say that your fit his idea of the Divine Feminine.

The Devil may indicate a sexual attraction, I don't see why the HP would strip it of that. It's not the meaning that stands out the most though. More likely, this relationship (whatever its nature may be) has potential of being addictive.

No I didn't use only major arcana it was a 15 card spread. I also thought the same thing about the way the cards came out.

rwcarter

This might be completely clueless on my part but what do you mean by a physical connection that isn't sexual? Sorry if that is a silly question
One could be a very touchy-feely kind of person, so he could enjoy touching you or hugging you or being near you without needing/wanting a sexual contact with you.

Rodney

roseinthewinter12

One could be a very touchy-feely kind of person, so he could enjoy touching you or hugging you or being near you without needing/wanting a sexual contact with you.

Rodney

Agh I would have never thought that. Come to think of it when we spend time together he does hug me or touch my hands during conversation etc

Grizabella

You know, there's a psychological phenomenon that occurs with some men. Sometimes when a man is with a woman who bears a child, especially if isn't his child, he doesn't have the same sexual attraction to her after childbirth and instead of it making the bond between them stronger, it becomes a huge obstacle to the relationship. So maybe this is a factor, even on a subconscious level. You could look at these three cards as: friendship where he feels a spiritual kind of soulmate sort of feeling toward you. You're on a pedestal. He does have those "carnal" feelings of wanting you sexually, but then there's that thorn in the side that might be in play or may be in the future. I think it's called something like Madonna/whore complex. Or maybe something connected with Oedipus feelings.

There was a thread a few years ago here where we were discussing whether or not the High Priestess had a sex life. As I recall, the consensus of very experienced Tarot users seemed to be that yes, she is a sexual woman. But it's a very private thing and strong spiritual meaning goes along with it for her. He may see you as being almost virginal and a relationship between you would be very sacred. But then the Devil there shows he's connected the sex he'd have with you to spoiling the sacredness and when you became a sexual partner or a mother, he'd find less attraction to you sexually.

This is just some thoughts on my part that might be way out in left field, but they came to mind when I read your post so I thought I'd share them. Even if it doesn't apply in your case, it might warrant somebody who is reading the threads putting another facet in their Tarot knowledge.

roseinthewinter12

Grizabella that is interesting , In our interactions so far I would say I am more reluctant to add a sexual component than he is. I think sex ruins friendships like ours and I definitely feel this soul connection to him. Something about him just speaks to my spirit. I don't currently have children. But if he doesn't think estBlishing a sexual relationship would ruin our friendship then he is nuts I think it all of the time. Sex tends to create issues that don't exist In just a friendship.