2 Majors: An RX followed by an Upright

liberated inferno

I'm trying to understand how to approach a reading when I come across cards positioned like this.

I did a reading in regards to a direction to go and you can see in the reading a story being laid out.

In the reading, the Tower RX showed followed by the World upright. Now, here's where I'm confused. Does completing and releasing the block that is the Tower RX lead to the World or are there other dynamics at play that are not linear? Say does the Tower RX negate or ill dignify the World?

How do you reconcile 2 Majors that sit next to each other but have different energies?

IndigoWaves

I did a reading in regards to a direction to go and you can see in the reading a story being laid out.

Does completing and releasing the block that is the Tower RX lead to the World or are there other dynamics at play that are not linear?
It would depend on how you want to read the cards... Was it just a linear spread with no positions? If so, and the cards are 'speaking' to you in order (like an unfolding story or series of events), you can certainly interpret it that way.

If you instead want to pair cards up, read them in a different order, use elemental dignities, etc., that would be up to you. Tarot reading can be as simple or complicated as a reader desires, overall.

liberated inferno

It would depend on how you want to read the cards... Was it just a linear spread with no positions? If so, and the cards are 'speaking' to you in order (like an unfolding story or series of events), you can certainly interpret it that way.

If you instead want to pair cards up, read them in a different order, use elemental dignities, etc., that would be up to you. Tarot reading can be as simple or complicated as a reader desires, overall.

No positions in this spread. I went and read it as an unfolding story, but I'm confused by these 2 Majors back to back like this, so I wanted to know if I can delve deeper with elements and other things to understand the dynamics better.

rwcarter

The Tower is Fire and the World is Earth. Elementally they are neutral to one another, and by traditional Golden Dawn rules, neutral interactions become friendly.

You can look at the imagery on the specific cards. If upright, the Lightning bolt is coming from the upper right corner of the card, then reversed it's coming from the lower left corner. In that orientation, it would cut through the Tower and continue up into the World card. You could look at exactly where the bolt's trajectory will take it to see what effect it will have on the World.

The person on the left side of the Tower would now be heading toward the World. That could help with your interpretation.

Rodney

IndigoWaves

No positions in this spread. I went and read it as an unfolding story, but I'm confused by these 2 Majors back to back like this, so I wanted to know if I can delve deeper with elements and other things to understand the dynamics better.
When reading linearly, I just see any Majors as more intense or pivotal 'chapters' in the story and use that to expand upon it in more detail; I wouldn't personally change the reading style midstream because two or more Majors appear beside each other, and start considering E.D./cancelling cards out, etc.. But again, what works best for you may be different.

liberated inferno

The Tower is Fire and the World is Earth. Elementally they are neutral to one another, and by traditional Golden Dawn rules, neutral interactions become friendly.

You can look at the imagery on the specific cards. If upright, the Lightning bolt is coming from the upper right corner of the card, then reversed it's coming from the lower left corner. In that orientation, it would cut through the Tower and continue up into the World card. You could look at exactly where the bolt's trajectory will take it to see what effect it will have on the World.

The person on the left side of the Tower would now be heading toward the World. That could help with your interpretation.

Rodney

Thank you so much for the clarification. I will post pictures of these 2 cards for further discussion.

liberated inferno

When reading linearly, I just see any Majors as more intense or pivotal 'chapters' in the story and use that to expand upon it in more detail; I wouldn't personally change the reading style midstream because two or more Majors appear beside each other, and start considering E.D./cancelling cards out, etc.. But again, what works best for you may be different.

This is a good way of looking at Majors, it makes a lot of sense.

rwcarter

Thank you so much for the clarification. I will post pictures of these 2 cards for further discussion.
Only Subscribers may attach things to their posts. You'll either need to Upgrade & support us too! to gain that ability or post the pics on an imaging sharing site and post the link here. If you're using a common deck, you can just tell us what it is.

Rodney

liberated inferno

Only Subscribers may attach things to their posts. You'll either need to Upgrade & support us too! to gain that ability or post the pics on an imaging sharing site and post the link here. If you're using a common deck, you can just tell us what it is.

Rodney

Oh okay, good to know. With this reading I was using the Zombie Tarot.