2 Majors: An RX followed by an Upright

ThtDancerGuy

I'm trying to understand how to approach a reading when I come across cards positioned like this.

I did a reading in regards to a direction to go and you can see in the reading a story being laid out.

In the reading, the Tower RX showed followed by the World upright. Now, here's where I'm confused. Does completing and releasing the block that is the Tower RX lead to the World or are there other dynamics at play that are not linear? Say does the Tower RX negate or ill dignify the World?

How do you reconcile 2 Majors that sit next to each other but have different energies?

Hi liberated inferno,

Great thought on the Elemental Dignities, but actually the Dignities of both XVI The Tower reversed and XXI The World do not affect one another in any way; they have a neutral relationship with each other, so really only their individual meanings can be read from the two.
Elemental Dignity relationships are as follows:
Water + Fire = Weakened relationship, these two are conflicting elements and weaken each other's energies.
Earth + Air = Weakened relationship, these two are conflicting elements and weaken each other's energies.
Water + Earth = Passively strong relationship, these two complement each other passively.
Fire + Air = Actively strong relationship, these two complement each other actively.
Earth + Fire = Neutral relationship, these two do not affect one another elementally.
Water + Air = Neutral relationship, these two do not affect one another elementally.

And it should be remembered that elements paired with their same element share a strong relationship, actively or passively depending on what the element is.

So looking at these two cards in relation to a specific direction to go. Instead of examining their Dignities and how they affect one another, because Fire and Earth share a neutral relationship, we have to look at how each card's inherent meaning and interpretation affects the other. The Tower can be either positive or negative in meaning when it is reversed. Negatively, it speaks of a serious, grave disaster to come with little avoidance where upright it offers some warning to possibly avoid the catastrophe. Positively, The Tower reversed can show avoiding entirely the danger or having already had the worst of it and now being able to [successfully] pick up the pieces. With The World following it, which is a very positive card, I believe The Tower reversed takes on a more positive interpretation in this reading because The World's positive messages of success, victory, and completion affect it. Then The World would be about the completion of a stage and success being had from its end, with many Divine, Universal lessons learned along the way (The Tower reversed).