Castelli Tarot Art Nouveau

Ambrosia

Mini Tarot art Nouveau arrived today!!!

I bit the bullet and ordered the deck even though I was unsure how it would read, with its veering away from RWS type images. I am most pleasantly surprised. I think I should perhaps look into more decks that differ their imagery from the RWS. I have found so far that the pictures in the art nouveau are different yes, but that they correspond just as well with general card meanings anyway. I also read intuitively alot so that is helpful too. I am thinking I may have stuck to RWS type decks, thinking they are the "norm", or at least have the easiset to read symbolism, but now I have realised that is not actually true. Its the meanings and intuitive thoughts about the card that matters, not the deck you use, therefore if I can get the same meanings with different pictures, then thats marvelous in my book. :D Gosh, Im absolutely thrilled! Who would have thought?

hunter

I bought the mini for $8:00 today. The LWB is almost nonexistent. Is there a download of a better pdf LWB?

karenquilter

Just check the Lo Scarabeo website. I don't know of any other books on it.
K

hunter

I did, I guess I was being blind :-0 I'll look again.

hunter

Thank you so much for the link, iard! That was really helpful.

iard

You're welcome. Happy holidays!
The artwork of this deck is really great... a few days ago I showed my decks to a relative of mine who's a painter and he instantly fell in love with this one.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to explain the "meanings" (if there are any...) of some of the images. But hey, it's a nice deck, and that's all I ask from it, I'm not using it for readings, just for display ;)

hunter

The deck is pretty, but the kings cards trigger me.

I used it last night for a type of reading I have never done before. I never ask about other people, especially when I'm mad at them.

The deck did not disappoint. It gave me a king of swords. Nasty, demeaning picture to describe my ex partner's behavior, last night.

I think I'll keep the mini around for after fight venting, but that is all I can see me doing with it especially now that I have tainted it.

Queen of Disks

I have been trying to actually use this deck again (haven't used it in a while.) So far so good, it's a little more work to read it then other decks I have, but eventually I will figure it out.