How to find like minded individuals

Grizabella

What's MBS?

KMilliron

What's MBS?

Mind Body Spirit I believe. The section my stepfather refers to as "That hippie sh**"... though I'm not sure when he was in a bookstore last.

gregory

Mind Body Spirit I believe. The section my stepfather refers to as "That hippie sh**"... though I'm not sure when he was in a bookstore last.
Oops !

Yes that was what I meant. As opposed to Body, Mind & Spirit (I was in a bookstore the other day that actually had both !!!! One for OUR stuff }) and one for things like diet, pregnancy, and migraine advice and that....)

Glass Owl

Too bad the Tarot/New Age/Wiccan/Taoism/Buddhism aisle in my local bookstore is directly across from a whole aisle of Christian books. I never see fellow Tarot enthusiasts; I think they grab and run. When I open books in that section, I sometimes find religious tracts. One time I was looking at decks and two ladies started spouting nosense about the evils of witchcraft (turning to look at the Tarot decks and then at me) and what happens to those that practice it.

I think I will stick to my AT buddies :)

pianosmile

Well, there are a lot of people on facebook who are Wiccan who do tarot, but really,I have honestly found that the people who love tarot the most are all on this forum. I've also shared tarot with a few friends who find it fascinating, but they just don't understand it as well as they'd like to, and still always ask me to do their readings!:) haha! which I don't mind at all, because I love doing readings :)

KMilliron

Too bad the Tarot/New Age/Wiccan/Taoism/Buddhism aisle in my local bookstore is directly across from a whole aisle of Christian books. I never see fellow Tarot enthusiasts; I think they grab and run. When I open books in that section, I sometimes find religious tracts. One time I was looking at decks and two ladies started spouting nosense about the evils of witchcraft (turning to look at the Tarot decks and then at me) and what happens to those that practice it.

I think I will stick to my AT buddies :)

That's my problem with bookstores too. Though one time I was in the store looking at decks when some older lady (80, 90 maybe?) goes "Oh you're into tarot? Well aren't you a fire cracker. Willing to bet you have tattoos too... though not anywhere I can see them" I this point I look up at her in time to see her wink. WINK. I got soooo creeped out. I booked it.

I don't like people brushing my arm, or shaking my hand, let alone imagine where I may or may not have tattoos. I don't have any btw, but that does not make it any less creepy...

Tag_jorrit

I think if you search for "meet-ups" you may find something nearby. However, the nearest one to me is miles and miles away so I do as Le Fanu. It would definitely be fun to have a live tarot 'partner' that you could see face to face and play with the cards and read for each others etc. And chat real time. Thanks to the 'net you can connect with people everywhere but it's not the same thing. Kind of like listening to your ipod vs a live concert. No comparison.

Minotauro

there is one guy I know, who wants to get into it, he actually likes me , but he is more of a "wizard" (his words) thinks tarot is magical and for those who ( unlike me) come from a line of witches , luckily he thinks you cant buy your own tarot and wants me to give one to him XD haha so its kind of hard to talk about it with him :c I think he secretly has self esteem issues and tries to over compensate with his comments , so I leave it at that.

but just last week I convinced a friend to get one <3 so she's reading the same book Im reading and we talk about it as we go.

I got another guy into it , but he's not serious about it, a shame because I gave him a deck :C

I know I'll meet like minded people :)

I was thinking about giving free readings at college common areas and the like so that'd definetly get some attention XD haha , hopefully it'll be good kind of attention s: Im not sure about doing that yet U.u

gregory

That's my problem with bookstores too. Though one time I was in the store looking at decks when some older lady (80, 90 maybe?) goes "Oh you're into tarot? Well aren't you a fire cracker. Willing to bet you have tattoos too... though not anywhere I can see them" I this point I look up at her in time to see her wink. WINK. I got soooo creeped out. I booked it.

I don't like people brushing my arm, or shaking my hand, let alone imagine where I may or may not have tattoos. I don't have any btw, but that does not make it any less creepy...
You know - I'd have pegged you for one who would have said "No, do you...?"

I would have. })

But then, I am 66 myself !

Have you seen this thread ? It might help....

KMilliron

You know - I'd have pegged you for one who would have said "No, do you...?"

I would have. })

But then, I am 66 myself !

Have you seen this thread ? It might help....

I'm an asexual abused child with OCD. That entire encounter just... ugh shudder.... Besides, I would've been afraid of her answer...

I'd love to go to one of the Tarot meeting hookup deals, but I've got school and live in the middle of nowhere, not too far from Lilydale actually, but still no where special.