Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 210 : August 8 - August 14

Scarlet Woodland

Hey, British here... any excuse for a moan :D

Just got my Mary-El out as the cardstock's very close... looks like it got slightly less sticky after a bit of time but the jury's still out as it's only really had two weeks of proper use. I did trim it though, so the less surface area might have made the difference. Fingers crossed use'll make it easier to work with.

JylliM

Moan away - I might be Australian but my DNA is all British, so I'll join you given an excuse ;). So, I've been doing longways shuffling, and started grabbing the cards that stick up above the rest and putting them at the front. As long as they get moved around, that's what counts, eh?
Anyway - I love the colours of this deck, and the images and keywords speak to me. I do appreciate the size of the cards for the clarity of the images.

VGimlet

I'm running very late this week. I will be using the Beautiful Creatures tarot this week. I got this awhile back. I've enjoyed the oracle decks the artist did. I'm curious to see if this deck works as a tarot.

Done!

Meta-Barons - I like the graphic art aspect of the deck, but it's not doing much for me as a tarot. Ah well. Still a nice science-fiction deck for the sub-collection.

Scarlet Woodland

We're all a bit quiet this week. Personally I got distracted by a shiny thing.

Have tried bigger spreads with the tarot of the Sidhe now and works perfectly well... still, partly due to the thing I won't start up on again and the depth of the imagery in the cards I think it'll stay more as a one-three card draw kind of deck for me. More for daily draws and giving a sense of the direction to take, than for detailed or more practical readings.

BodhiSeed

:bugeyed: Holy cannoli, I can't believe I forgot to extend a welcome to JylliM and sweetcherise13! My apologies and a huge welcome ladies! :)

I'll blame it on the "dead thing" under our house that has perfumed our home all week. I've never bought so many soy candles and soy wax melts in all my life! Our pest man thought it must be a large rat, but with the smell so long-lasting, I'm beginning to think it is Bigfoot.

Really loving the multicultural Tarot of the Cat People!

swedishfish612

I've had such a great week with the Illuminati that I'm not sure I want to move on from it. I have a few other decks I'm interested in working with, but I feel like I'll miss the Illuminati....lol. I might choose one for my daily draws and the other for reading for others.

Decisions, decisions.

sweetcherise13

Thank you for the warm welcome Bodhiseed and I hope your home is back to normal soon! That must be quite a smell to endure. I make my own homemade candles so any reason to burn a candle works for me but I have to say your specific situation is a new one!

As for my week with the Crystal Tarot, I have found it illuminating in ways I hadn't foreseen. Since I hadn't worked with the deck I decided to start with an initial interview. It turned out to be quite an experience in itself and,for most of the week,left me trying to understand how we are going to work together best.
I also did daily draws that I took more time than usual to process through but were very helpful and insightful. It wasn't that the message wasn't there...It was more that I had to step back and realize how to address the message it was giving me.

Overall I discovered these specific things this week working with Crystal:
This deck doesn't depict much for visuals to draw from in a reading, which I'm not accustomed to, but it also gets right to the point and is quite direct. The King of Swords came up twice this week to remind me that it is also fair and honest when communicating with me.
The other and most important realization it offered was that I tended to not want to hear it's message clearly. I wanted to feel it was off in what it was telling me or make the excuse that the lack of visuals were an issue. Neither of these things were actually what was the root of what was happening. It came through this morning while working together that it's greatest gift to me is working with me and my shadow side. To look at the parts of me I don't care to look at. The direct way it speaks to me lacks any "sugar coating" and I was at first put off by that but it was making a fair and honest point. I have decks that I work with for readings for other people but not one, til this moment, has been there to tell me what I'm not seeing or afraid to look at on such a personal level right from the start. Since it obviously has made such a profound impression on me I think for now I will keep Crystal just for my own personal use.

VGimlet

Yes, it's that time - getting it done early between rounds of thunderstorms. :cool4:

New DOTW thread is now here

Scarlet Woodland

Good god are we there already... half my holiday just vanished while I was looking the other way.

JylliM

Thanks Bodhiseed :). Good luck with the corpse under the house!
I agree that Sidhe will be used mainly for reading with few cards. The imagery is so complex, I just spent ages trying to figure out Justice. Details and ideas kept revealing themselves. This will be a deck I keep to myself, I think - my personal guru/agony aunt.