Deck Interview Spreads

rubyalison

Hey there. So when it comes to deck interview spreads, I don't consider them one and done. As I change, I would expect my relationship with my cards to change. Yet at the same time, I don't want to overdue this type of reading. How often do you do deck interview spreads for the same deck? How do you know when is the right time to get a fresh reading on a deck?

Thanks!

rwcarter

I doubt you'll realize that you've gone to the next level with your deck when it happens. More than likely that realization will come at some later point. I would say that when you make the realization is when you do another reading.

And FTR, I agreed with your post 5+ years before you wrote it . :D

Rodney

DesertDream

If you use them often mabye 2 or 3 mos inbetween interviews since youll both be changing together or less if you use them less often. I think i interviewd my golden two times this year. Think of it as a check up or deck maintence. Youll sense if its the right time.

LindaMechele

Instead of a full interview spread, how about just talking to your deck? Just talk to it about whatever you're feeling, or ask it whatever you're thinking. Then toss some cards to let it answer.

I just got a Samhain Deck of the Bastard not long ago and I absolutely adore it. A few days ago, as I shuffled, I was thinking of how much I like this deck more than most others, how it just feels so good, how much I am going to grow and learn from this deck since I love it so much I'll use it even more, and what a deep relationship I think we're going to have. I told it "I love you. I just *really* *love* you." Then turned three cards. It said:
King of Wands ~ INTEGRITY, HONOUR
Strength ~ CONVICTION, FORTITUDE
Nine of Coins ~ CONTENTMENT, LUXURY

I think it likes me back.

rubyalison

I doubt you'll realize that you've gone to the next level with your deck when it happens. More than likely that realization will come at some later point. I would say that when you make the realization is when you do another reading.

And FTR, I agreed with your post 5+ years before you wrote it . :D

Rodney

Not only that, you have a good memory too! :)
Thanks for your feedback.

rubyalison

If you use them often mabye 2 or 3 mos inbetween interviews since youll both be changing together or less if you use them less often. I think i interviewd my golden two times this year. Think of it as a check up or deck maintence. Youll sense if its the right time.

Thanks. I am feeling like it is time, but then let doubt in... I appreciate your response.

rubyalison

Instead of a full interview spread, how about just talking to your deck? Just talk to it about whatever you're feeling, or ask it whatever you're thinking. Then toss some cards to let it answer.

I just got a Samhain Deck of the Bastard not long ago and I absolutely adore it. A few days ago, as I shuffled, I was thinking of how much I like this deck more than most others, how it just feels so good, how much I am going to grow and learn from this deck since I love it so much I'll use it even more, and what a deep relationship I think we're going to have. I told it "I love you. I just *really* *love* you." Then turned three cards. It said:

That's a good idea for a different approach! Thank you :)

Hope I get as much love in return.

SuziDreams

Sorry, jumping in here but I just wanted to say how lovely about this deck's reply.

I've not done any deck interviews so can't really help on your question but imagine you might get the feeling from it when there is a shift in energy in the cards and that you'd know if the time was right for another interview?

Bookwight

I sometimes do another deck interview spread if I haven't worked with a deck in a long while. Depends on how large your collection is, of course. Mine keeps growing…and growing… :joke:

LindaMechele what a lovely story! I may have to tell a couple of my decks how I feel about them too, and see what they have to say. :D

LindaMechele

It was really fabulous getting that response, y'all, so do it! I still feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. I think it has more to say, so I'll be talking to it a lot more yet. Some of my decks though I'm kind of afraid to ask... :joke: