Deck Interview Spreads

queenxofxwands

I've recently been wondering this myself. I think it's time for another for a particular deck of mine.

Zephyros

How often does one ask their best friend how they're feeling? When do you really know all there is to know about a person? When do you completely know yourself?

A deck is both a friend as well as a reflection of yourself. By learning to understand how you interact with your deck, and encouraging the development and maturation of that understanding you're constantly achieving ever increasing clarity.

LindaMechele

How often does one ask their best friend how they're feeling? ... A deck is both a friend as well as a reflection of yourself.
That's exactly how I think and feel about it, Zephyros. The deck and I have been having a regular old conversation, like people do. It's turning out to be as if I'm talking to my higher self through it, while it is still it's own entity (I think - we're still talking and "getting to know each other").

~*~*~*~

Another snippet of convo from this morning in case y'all want to see:

I said, "I feel like you want tell me something else important, so please do.", then turned/placed cards until I felt I should stop. I won't "tl/dr" you with the whole thing - suffice it to say six cards, three parts: 1. who I am and where I've been (and it was correct, very correct), 2. who/what the deck itself is, and 3. where I can go with it.

The "who and what it is" part was two cards that were jumpers as I was shuffling. I picked them up as they landed, one atop the other, and put them where it felt right.
5 The Hierophant ~ SACRED, CONFORMITY. Under the Hierophant was the 5 of Cups ~ GRIEF, LAMENT (By the way, the all-caps words are the keywords on this deck.).
"I am that road you've been looking for, that clear and smooth road between you and experiencing tarot instead of just reading it. I'll shield you from the disconnectedness and frustration you've had about this in the past. I got your back, hon."

(Anybody else a Terry Pratchett/Discworld fan? There's a character in there that I just love, an anthropomorphic personification of Death; a walking, talking skeleton in a cloak; and when he speaks, it's in all caps, not as yelling but to convey depth and gravitas. When I read the keywords on this deck, I hear Death's voice in my head. *snicker*)

Bookwight

(Anybody else a Terry Pratchett/Discworld fan? There's a character in there that I just love, an anthropomorphic personification of Death; a walking, talking skeleton in a cloak; and when he speaks, it's in all caps, not as yelling but to convey depth and gravitas. When I read the keywords on this deck, I hear Death's voice in my head. *snicker*)

Yes! :thumbsup: HE LOVES CATS. So do I. :cool:

I hope he met Sir Terry when he passed, and I hope he meets me too when my time comes.

Er, to stay on topic, I held my Hidden Realms near my mouth and whispered that I loved it, then shuffled and drew a card and it was — OMG, not making this up! — The Lovers. *goosebumps*

rubyalison

So following up to say when I was pulling my card of the day today, I had these thoughts in my mind. I was using my all time favorite deck, the All Hallows deck, and as I was shuffling I was thinking about how much I love the deck, how we have the same initials even (AH), and when I turned over my card, just like Bookwight I was given The Lovers.

That made me happy.

LindaMechele

That is so cool to hear that both of y'all got The Lovers! I'm smiling ear to ear right now. Now go have a real conversation with them. It's like talking to a wise friend who is your greatest cheerleader and who won't lie to you. Priceless.