advice needed

werewolfmoon

I've had the Tower for something as simple as dropping the phone on my foot which startled me so much I yelled and frightened the dog!

Take it easy, eat right, look after yourself and follow your Doctors and Midwifes advice, congrats and good luck.

Grizabella

I just wanted to stop by to say I agree with celticnoodle----a boy! :D

Congratulations! :heart:

And for some reason, I've seen the Tower a couple of times as a woman's water breaking. You're not that far along yet, so don't worry about it. As you get closer to your due date, though, you may find yourself getting the Tower again if you're using the cards.

celticnoodle

And for some reason, I've seen the Tower a couple of times as a woman's water breaking. You're not that far along yet, so don't worry about it. As you get closer to your due date, though, you may find yourself getting the Tower again if you're using the cards.
ah!!! that makes PERFECT sense too!!

lucy88

Thankyou all for your lovely replies im such a worrier and this helps me, im not due until next march but this month the month ive got ace of wand and the tower for will also be my 12 week scan and end of first trimester at the min my pregnancy does not feel real because i havent seen a growing baby so maybe the scan will be the change in me. I just worry my partner or step children will get ill with this card. I really need to be more posotive. Its taken me 5 years to get pregnant after being told it would be hard so this has been a big shock. I got the sun card for the ace of cups for march next year when the baby is due. In my card reading none of the cards was the wrong way they was all the right way up. Thankyou again for the replies x

rwcarter

the month ive got ace of wand and the tower for will also be my 12 week scan and end of first trimester at the min my pregnancy does not feel real because i havent seen a growing baby so maybe the scan will be the change in me.
Sounds like a Tower event to me - you go from intellectually knowing you're pregnant to really believing it cause you get a visual representation of the child growing within you. I don't know when they can tell the sex of the baby, but the Ace Wands could represent a penis and therefore a boy. Definitely not a bad combination (unless you wanted a girl ;) )....

Rodney

Viridian

First of all congratulations!

Second of all this cracked me up!

Quoting Leeshaful -'I view the tower as a phallic symbol... it looks like an over excited penis :) '

I used get a visceral "OH NO" reaction to the Tower as well and have had to spend a fair amount of time making friends with it.

People already made a lot of really great points. Finding a way to look at the card so that it doesn't stress you out is essential I think.

The Tower for me can represent the ego or the "era" of our lives that we are currently residing in. These times always change and sometimes suddenly and dramatically. I would think that having a baby definitely qualifies as a life changing event.

MistressMorrigan

Okay, first of all, relax. The Tower is not a "negative" card. In fact, it's one of my favorite cards of the deck!

All it means is that a sudden, sometimes chaotic change is coming. Now, sometimes change isn't pleasant, but it's necessary for growth. Someone told me something once, many years ago, that stuck.

Think of a forest fire. It's chaotic, destructive, and deadly. However, without forest fires, the forest would very quickly die. Fires replenish the soil and make way for new and stronger life.

I've always seen the Tower in this way. True, there may be a chaotic, destructive period of your life, but it will only be temporary (sometimes it's a matter of a few hours!) and on the other side of that period, you will be stronger, smarter, more wise, and overall a better person for the experience. And keep in mind that it doesn't ALWAYS have to be destructive. Just as a forest fire is necessary for the health of the forest, the Tower is necessary for your health and growth as a person. It's a beautiful, wonderful thing! It means that you're growing. That you're constantly evolving, and that you care enough about yourself as a person to continue your personal growth.

Oh, and by the way... Giving birth to a child can DEFINITELY be described as a sudden, chaotic change. I'm speaking from experience, here. Being pregnant and mentally preparing yourself means nothing once the baby is born. For me, it was my first child, and it was absolutely the most chaotic time of my life. Nothing could have prepared me for that.

Chaotic? Yes. A sudden, abrupt change? Hell, yes. The Tower came up quite often for me in the months during my pregnancy, and even that wasn't enough to prepare me for motherhood. But it was unbelievably POSITIVE!

And that's just one example of what the Tower could mean, especially with you being pregnant. So perhaps that's what the Tower is telling you, as well. Something chaotic and crazy is coming, but it's a beautiful thing. Embrace the change. Embrace the chaos. Love every moment of it, even when you're scared out of your wits. Pregnancy is a chaotic, hormonal, emotional, time. Cherish that precious, chaotic, crazy time. THAT'S what the card is telling you to do.

Grizabella

And be sure to come back and tell us about the ultrasound! We've "delivered" a lot of AT babies here and there are a lot of AT Grannys here who love to follow along, including me. Post pictures! :thumbsup:

In going through the photos and old posts here, I think I even remember when AT was a matchmaker, too. A young couple met here, got married, and had a baby----all right here at our wonderful "purple place".

And thank you for letting us share your wonderful news. :) :heart:

But back on topic, it's true that the Tower card can often mean something sudden and without warning, but that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes it's something negative, but in this case, I'd say it's a very good thing. And even if it indicates something that's not pleasant, it still makes way for better things to come so in the end, what seems negative will turn out to lead to something positive after all.

lucy88

My scan is at the end of the month so ill let you know how i get on, the sex of the baby will be around october time, its going to be a big change im scared about alot of thing with pregnancy but when i got the tower i was worried it would be something serious and i would get hurt or someone close, i know i cant be told bad things but it made me worry, in my reading i had the death card but that is for change ive gone from thinking ill never get pregnant to being pregnant, im more scared about yhe pregnancy and the birth than bringing the child up, having my reading and a 12 month reading was good because i know i have angels around me and it was nice to hear things but the 12 month reading has scared me waiting for the future. I will keep updated about my pregnancy im unsure how to post pictures on to here. Thankyou for you reasurance and advice xx

celticnoodle

Oh Lucy, change is often scary because we never know how it is going to be! But, embrace this pregnancy and enjoy it. Just think about the baby that is growing inside of you and how special that is. This child that is a part of you and your partner. Stay healthy and stay positive and enjoy this time.

To post pictures, first make sure you can put your picture on your computer desktop--generally jpeg format is acceptable there.

then, just below the box where you are typing your post, you will see the words "manage attachments".

select that box.
another window will appear.
select "choose file"
a 3rd window will appear (generally your desktop). You should find the photo you want to upload on here and select it. Or if you recall what you titled the picture, just type the title in and then back to the 2nd window you can select "Upload". Then after it uploads, you can put that 2nd window away and you are back to your original post window and select "Submit Reply". If you still are having problems with it, let me know and we'll see what we can do to make it easier. Once you get the hang of it though, its really easy to do!