Courts as change in a (spiritual) relationship

3Jane

Hi,

I did a "crossroads" reading - where each card represented how a different option would impact a spiritual relationship (between a person and their deity). Most of the cards I understand, but on court cards I just blanked out. What change in a relationship could be represented by:

Queen of Wands (actually Priestess of Wands because this is a Motherpeace deck)
King of Wands (Shaman of Wands)
Queen of Pentacles (Priestess of Pentacles)
King of Pentacles (Shaman of Pentacles)

In the Motherpeace book, both Shamans are described as "knows what the goal is and can reach it" - Shaman of Pentacles being described as reliable (and not materialistic, when upright) and Shaman of Wands being described as reaching the goal through will and intuition (and not abusing power, when upright). Priestess of Pentacles is described as in touch with her body and health. Priestess of Wands is about channeling power and energy.

I always understood that pips are situations whereas court cards are personalities. However, how can a personality be an answer to a question about changes in a relationship?

PAMUYA

It could be the energies change, personality changes depending on the suit. They are expecting more passion, or taking care of yourself or being grounded. The queen basis her decisions/actions from the heart, the king from logic. You were on mark with the change in energies.
So if the queen of wands was drawn it would become a more passionate/exciting relationship. King would be more of a mentor... depending on how you read the different suits.

3Jane

Thank you for helping me. If I was reading this for an actual relationship I would interpret the courts as roles that partners take in the relationship. However, the problem is that every relationship is between two people so you never know who it applies to. I wonder if a better solution would be to restrict the deck to minor pips + majors only?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi 3Jane. As a reminder, when asking about interpretations of cards from a reading, you need to provide your own interpretations before others may help you by providing theirs. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the best way to learn is to try. Even if you have no idea how to interpret one or more cards, give it a try - you just might surprise yourself with what you come up with.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

3Jane

Hi rwcarter, thank you for the reminder and the encouragement. I thought I provided my interpretation in the first post, but I understand it wasn't enough.

I don't post on this forum very often, unless I'm really stumped. Unfortunately, court cards just don't make sense to me as a description of changes in a relationship and I was hoping someone else could offer advice - not on these particular cards, but in general, what one does with court cards in the context where they don't fit (it's not a clear cut "you are this person" or "you should become this person" or "you should not become this person").

Can you give me a suggestion which forum might be better to use for a post like that, or is that simply not allowed at all (I'm guessing to prevent people soliciting readings)?

As for supplementing my own interpretation, I would guess at them in that way:

The question is about changes in a relationship between a person and a deity. Priestess (internalizing) of Wands (inspiration, power) means the person will receive inspiration from the deity, perhaps create art for personal use. Priestess of Pentacles (body, work) means the person's life/livelihood will be changed by the deity. Shaman (externalizing) of Wands means the person will become an inspirer of others in service to the deity (perhaps write about the deity, write songs, organise events). Shaman of Pentacles means the person will change things around themselves in accordance to the principles of the deity, perhaps take part in a charity, or build shrines, or clean land.

rwcarter

I don't post on this forum very often, unless I'm really stumped. Unfortunately, court cards just don't make sense to me as a description of changes in a relationship and I was hoping someone else could offer advice - not on these particular cards, but in general, what one does with court cards in the context where they don't fit (it's not a clear cut "you are this person" or "you should become this person" or "you should not become this person").

Can you give me a suggestion which forum might be better to use for a post like that, or is that simply not allowed at all (I'm guessing to prevent people soliciting readings)?
UTC is the correct forum to discuss both general ways of reading cards (your "what one does with court cards in the context where they don't fit") and how cards can be interpreted from specific readings. In the first instance, members aren't required to provide their own interpretations, but as Aeclectic is a learning forum, we encourage members to do so. When discussing cards from specific readings though, the original poster is required to provide interpretations. To avoid confusion, I would suggest starting separate threads for the different discussions instead of trying to have both discussions in the same thread.

There are a number of already indexed threads here (click) on how to generally look at the Courts. If one of them seems to resonate with you, feel free to post in it to revive the thread. If none of them seem to resonate, feel free to start a new thread on the topic.