Interesting things to store decks in?

1Eleven

It's "Hoti" (laughing buddha?). The label says, "The Zen patron saint and protector of fortune tellers and bartenders." Sounds perfect, right? haha

I'll have to take a look at the tequila case. Thanks for the heads up!

Jon

Le Fanu

Here are my boxes. I got them 2 for £7.50 (I think)... :) They just snap together.
*clenches teeth*. Tarot decks by the radiator! Warp alert. Please put them somewhere else Carla or I simply shall not be able to sleep tonight...

Bhavana

It's "Hoti" (laughing buddha?). The label says, "The Zen patron saint and protector of fortune tellers and bartenders." Sounds perfect, right? haha

I'll have to take a look at the tequila case. Thanks for the heads up!

Jon

It's post number 35 (minotauro)...I am in NJ too, by the way!

senescal

Guys what about Ultra Pro card sleeves and deck boxes?

I'm wondering if one of those would fit ANY of my decks. I'm planningon begin reading some more and carrying my decks around, but I just don't trust bags and would love to have sleeves to protect the cards during shuffling.

Carla

*clenches teeth*. Tarot decks by the radiator! Warp alert. Please put them somewhere else Carla or I simply shall not be able to sleep tonight...

There isn't any place else. Trust me that radiator is always cold. Not all of us have unlimited space. Unclench your teeth and don't worry about it. The decks are in no danger, have sat there for years unharmed, and besides, they're my decks.

1Eleven

I just bought this box at a local HomeGoods. It holds 9 decks with their bags and a few cloths. I could probably even fit another deck or two if I wanted to stand them up in the back but I'll give them a little breathing room. I'm guessing this is the Korean alphabet but I'm really not sure. Any ideas?

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 159
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 136

Grizabella

Wow, I'm just in awe of some of these.

My favorite and most recent Tarot storage container is a fake treasure chest I got for $9 at Goodwill last summer. It holds probably a dozen or so decks in bags. I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow to come back and post. I think it might have originally held fancy bath products at one time.

I also use a basket that kind of looks like a bushel apple basket, but probably doesn't hold a bushel of anything. I also have a leopard print fuzzy kind of treasure chest, another Goodwill find, that I did put decks in but now have other stuff in. And dresser drawers I mostly use for Nonny decks. I had a big Kaboodle I used to use for some of mine but I just took the decks out of it today and Gabriel's little baby toys are in it now.

Mostly I store my decks in bags. The tuck boxes get too tattered up and tacky looking too quickly. Then I put them (in their bags) into the containers I've mentioned.

I have this one neat zippered bag with beautiful flashy sequined embroidery on it that just exactly fits the pocket RWS and Thoth decks I got in The Complete Tarot Kit so that's pretty cool to carry around in my purse or just room-to-room around the house.

Minitauro, that tequila box is absolutely gorgeous!

La Force

My decks carry case

awesome thread, so far with great ideas for you to put your decks into.

Here is what I carry my tarot deck in sorry there are few pictures here.

Small (handmade) leather swede carry bag to put small journal book and deck, with misc. stuff

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

Old leather Men's wallet, It holds deck and scarf, business cards etc. you can tuck in some paper, what have you, etc. lol

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

Le Fanu

Beautiful wallets there....

I also have these; (from top to bottom; old cigarette case, old 60s cigar case and then - on the bottom - a leather wallet-y thingy/tobacco pouch? Each one of these holds the 3 different sized Thoths.)

Attachments

• SDC10535.JPG
    SDC10535.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 117