Fairy Lights: The Strength

Hemera

The Strength is number 11 in this deck. There is a small Fairy sitting on the neck of a huge Polar Bear. The bear in enraged but the Fairy seems to be just having fun. The Fairy is very sure of himself and seems to know that the Bear can´t do anything to him. The reins he is holding the Bear with must be magical since otherwise they would not be able to hold the big animal.
What might happen next is that the Bear might fall from that slippery cliff into the dark water. The Bear looks like a Polar Bear, a marine mammal, so it would be in it´s proper element in that water and in that case the Fairy might be unable to control it any longer.

Some questions:
*What makes you stronger/weaker?
*Should you realize your own strength?
*Do you need to contact with your Animal guide?
*Are you using your gifts and strengths wisely? (from the LWB)

Aerin

Well, I think that the Fairy is mean looking and it wouldn't surprise me if the bear were enchanted (e.g. originally human, another fairy) and made to act as a steed until the poor thing drops from exhaustion (there's a tale along those lines and this reminded me of it). I don't see this card as Strength in a good way (unless the bear jumps into the water and sheds the fairy).

Hemera

Ah, this is exactly why I love study groups so much! :) One gets so many different views and completely new ideas.
I like the fairy, you see, and I think s/he looks carefree and happy whereas I do not like the raw power of that Polar Bear so much. It seems so scary and unpredictable and would be directed at random just about anywhere. This card makes me think of the RWS Chariot..

Aerin

I can see what you mean by the Chariot because the fairy is directing the bear. Still on the side of the bear :D

Briar Rose

The Polar Bear seems to have his hands up as to say, "I've had enough already, let me go." The bear is not sure footed and looks not balanced in footing only. The fairy looks taunting and smiling.

I like the questions Hemera wrote. Good for a reading.