Stalked by two of swords

WildThInge

For the last two months the two of swords has been stalking me. It appears in nearly every spread I do, it will jump out of the deck while I'm shuffling or it's on top of the deck. This happens no matter what deck I use. I mostly use the Wild Wood, the Osho Zen, the Mucha Tarot and the Tarot of the Magical forest and in all of them the two of swords keeps popping up.

It is starting to annoy me. I feel no connection to the card but that makes me want to explore it even more. To me this card is about waiting for some unseen threat and arming yourself. The blindfolded women are brave (not going quietly, with those swords) but blind to what the real threat or danger. The card makes me want to yell "take off the damn blindfold if you really want to protect yourself!". I just can't relate to that defensive aspect, because I don't feel the need to defend myself.

In my life, I have just come out of a rough, stressful period (moving house and financial struggles) and I actually feel I can catch my breath for the first time in months. Is it possible that I'm blind to another threat and I should be arming myself against it? If so, how can I ask this card for more details?

violetdaisy

There may not be any threat. In some instances I read this as a big "do not disturb" sign. She doesn't want any distractions and so has secluded herself and armed herself against any such distractions. Or, it could mean not being open to possible choices.

WildThInge

There may not be any threat. In some instances I read this as a big "do not disturb" sign. She doesn't want any distractions and so has secluded herself and armed herself against any such distractions. Or, it could mean not being open to possible choices.
That makes sense! I am struggling to find some personal time and space (to read, meditate or study Tarot) because of my two kids. I sometimes wish I could stick a giant "do not disturb" sign on my forehead or something, because often I really have to fend them off. Thank you so much!

Grizabella

Having been a single parent for a very long time, I sooo understand how you feel. When I first got home from work and got comfy, I'd spend some time with the kids while cooking and eating. Then I'd adjourn to my bedroom for an hour or so. The kids were taught that if I was in my room with the door closed, I was off limits unless someone was bleeding or the house was on fire. I made sure they knew I loved them and all, but explained that I really needed quiet time for a little while.

I see the 2 of Swords as telling you to make some personal quiet time during the day or evening, depending on what hours you work. Just go to your room, close the door, and unwind.

zach bender

choices

i think violet daisy is onto something about being blind to choices. keeping in mind the illustration highlights only one aspect of the card.

i do think by stalking you the card is inviting you to look more closely at the depth of its possible meanings. i have been rewarded at intervals by similar invitations from the eight of cups, the six of pentacles, and the four of swords, among others. each time you get to a deeper level, and you begin so see how your previous impressions were somehow superficial.

the two is about the moment of choice, and the swords have to do with the story you are telling yourself to make sense of the world.

one way to ask the card for more details is to pay attention to where it falls between other cards, whether they strengthen or weaken it, etc.

Puffette

For the last two months the two of swords has been stalking me. It appears in nearly every spread I do, it will jump out of the deck while I'm shuffling or it's on top of the deck. This happens no matter what deck I use. I mostly use the Wild Wood, the Osho Zen, the Mucha Tarot and the Tarot of the Magical forest and in all of them the two of swords keeps popping up.

It is starting to annoy me. I feel no connection to the card but that makes me want to explore it even more. To me this card is about waiting for some unseen threat and arming yourself. The blindfolded women are brave (not going quietly, with those swords) but blind to what the real threat or danger. The card makes me want to yell "take off the damn blindfold if you really want to protect yourself!". I just can't relate to that defensive aspect, because I don't feel the need to defend myself.

In my life, I have just come out of a rough, stressful period (moving house and financial struggles) and I actually feel I can catch my breath for the first time in months. Is it possible that I'm blind to another threat and I should be arming myself against it? If so, how can I ask this card for more details?

2 of swords is a card that speaks of impatience first of all and therefore when this card shows up it requires patience instead. When one gets this card in a reading it means that there is something bothering him and the person in cause might want things to rush. Rush to find a partner,to reconcile with someone,to get a promotion,to have a job.. It says that things are possible but its simply not the right moment. There's a certain order in life and things must follow a certain path.
If the card keeps insisting then its a warning to have your feelings under control cause a certain event coming up might put your nerves at test.
If u already experience upsets and stress,then 2 of swords suggests that things might be like this for a while but if you are strong enough to resist then everything shall pass and leave u unharmed.
It is simmilar to those people that in a new relationship will choose to block their feelings and refuse a possible crush,out of fear of deception.. That's why we call them "the ice queen " or we say "the guy seems a block of ice"..Because people like this who have this look of indifference and do not fall easily for someone they do it in order to protect their integrity and emotions. 2 of swords is a sort of protection before a battle..a shield if this is the right term.
Once the shield is gone here we have the 3 of swords following up as result-the hurt.

WildThInge

Thank you all for your insights! It helps me so much to see these different views on this card. I was sort of stuck, but this gives me some new paths to explore.

@grizabella and @violetdaisy Your comments made me realize how much I need some me-time to rest and study. It made me look at the two of swords in a different light and I don't dislike it that much anymore.

@zach bender Being blind to choices makes sense too in a way. My life has been about "getting to a new house and getting all our finances in order" for so long, that I feel like I dont know what to do with myself, now that I have finally accomplished that. It is not so much about being blind to choices I think, but more about putting off making a decision. Another thing I need to think about :)

@puffette I am certainly not a very patient person and letting things "just happen" is really hard, but I have had to learn to let things go in the last few months. I am still working on that, so this card may be a friendly reminder not to go back to my control-freak phase.

A lot of things to think about, and to explore! Thank you!