The Empress stalking me!

TinaV

I have been experiencing a lot of setbacks lately which account for my absence on this forum. Anyway, I got into reading cards again about a week ago, and it strikes me as odd that the Empress appears in every single reading, even those that are meant for other people.

In three card readings, she tends to appear as the second, and thus middle card, so I do see a strong meaning this. The big question is what does she mean?

1) I have seen her appear in a reading about a guy I dated for about a week but who went off with someone else because he wants to help her get over her commitment phobia... Don't ask... I wasn't into this guy anyway.

2) She has appeared in career readings for myself as the middle card. I am looking for a new job, and I recently experienced a big disappointment in that area which had to do with a company that had been stringing me along with promises of employing me, only to invite me to a third interview with two managers who barely knew who I was, and decided not to hire me because they had their doubts about my motivation to work there... BS since I waited for 3 months and I only gotten nothing but positive evaluations from the first two interviews.

3) I am invited for an interview at a different company in a few days, and again she appeared as the middle card in my reading asking how it would go and what the future may hold with that company for me.

I usually associate the Empress with fertility, good prospects and positive new beginnings. Sometimes, I also see her as a person but in this case, I highly doubt that she represents someone. I wonder if this card is trying to give me advice of some sort, or just trying to tell me what lies in the immediate future.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Grizabella

Put out the Empress card and then ask "what does this card mean for me right now?" and do a spread on it is my suggestion.

It could just mean the situation is "pregnant with possibility".

Puffette

When i get stalked by a card,i ask a clarifier to understand whats the role of that card in my life and what im suppose to experience. Out of all the possible explanations i could point to a female figure that has or will have great authority in your life. This is the mother's card and she could actually be your mother or a woman that will enter your life and she has children already.
Also pregnancy since the picture of the empress card shows a pregnant woman.. So if u know that recently u had some action in bedroom then i suggest u make a baby test and see whats the result. If this card jumps on and off then it might warn that u might actually be pregnany without having any idea.
In terms of jobs this card announces no job on horizon aka sitting at home. Unless u work in a field where u have to take care of someone older or younger. But generally it shows that the woman in cause is sitting at home taking care of her duties.
In terms of love this card wont express me too much unless u are already in a relationship and this card shows that u are having an important role for someone already. But as a single woman if u get this card in the future it doesnt forthcomes too much excitement.

LifesALoofah

In three card readings, she tends to appear as the second, and thus middle card, so I do see a strong meaning this. The big question is what does she mean?

1) I have seen her appear in a reading about a guy I dated for about a week but who went off with someone else because he wants to help her get over her commitment phobia... Don't ask... I wasn't into this guy anyway.

2) She has appeared in career readings for myself as the middle card. I am looking for a new job, and I recently experienced a big disappointment in that area which had to do with a company that had been stringing me along with promises of employing me, only to invite me to a third interview with two managers who barely knew who I was, and decided not to hire me because they had their doubts about my motivation to work there... BS since I waited for 3 months and I only gotten nothing but positive evaluations from the first two interviews.

3) I am invited for an interview at a different company in a few days, and again she appeared as the middle card in my reading asking how it would go and what the future may hold with that company for me.

I'm realizing, now, that The Empress, in relationship situations, means "the other woman" (could be you, or could be the querent). & As far as anything else, it means something better than what you really want is coming to be & you have to be receptive to it. Even though she has all these beautiful pregnant & fertile meanings, but, I see it as CHANGE. Like, change & growth from what you're used to or what you deep-down expected was gonna happen, but, didn't. I'm beginning to put her in the same basket as The Death card, because both can be a way of "moving-on". The Empress kinda sticks, though, because I see her as sticking in someone's memory of "what if", "you're an option", & "that's a good person, but, you're not a fit" type of deal. IDK. Some of my reflections I've been having lately about this card.

TinaV

Put out the Empress card and then ask "what does this card mean for me right now?" and do a spread on it is my suggestion.

Thank you for the advice, Grizabella! I will definitely do that.

When i get stalked by a card,i ask a clarifier to understand whats the role of that card in my life and what im suppose to experience. Out of all the possible explanations i could point to a female figure that has or will have great authority in your life. This is the mother's card and she could actually be your mother or a woman that will enter your life and she has children already.
Also pregnancy since the picture of the empress card shows a pregnant woman.. So if u know that recently u had some action in bedroom then i suggest u make a baby test and see whats the result. If this card jumps on and off then it might warn that u might actually be pregnany without having any idea.
In terms of jobs this card announces no job on horizon aka sitting at home. Unless u work in a field where u have to take care of someone older or younger. But generally it shows that the woman in cause is sitting at home taking care of her duties.
In terms of love this card wont express me too much unless u are already in a relationship and this card shows that u are having an important role for someone already. But as a single woman if u get this card in the future it doesnt forthcomes too much excitement.

Hi Puffette, Thank you for your take on this. I have asked for clarifiers before, but I always seem to get a Knight. The Knight of Wands and the Knight of Pentacles have shown up a couple of times. I am not sure what to make of those. I see a lot of movement in a Knight, even some immaturity to some extent. It even seems to contradict some of the things that the Empress stands for.

I try to see the Empress in a career light which doesn't seem to be good news. I am not looking for love at this time; my aim lies at finding a good job. The guy I mentioned was just a brief intermezzo, and probably a mistake all along but it was good to take my mind off certain things while it lasted :)

I'm realizing, now, that The Empress, in relationship situations, means "the other woman" (could be you, or could be the querent). & As far as anything else, it means something better than what you really want is coming to be & you have to be receptive to it. Even though she has all these beautiful pregnant & fertile meanings, but, I see it as CHANGE. Like, change & growth from what you're used to or what you deep-down expected was gonna happen, but, didn't. I'm beginning to put her in the same basket as The Death card, because both can be a way of "moving-on". The Empress kinda sticks, though, because I see her as sticking in someone's memory of "what if", "you're an option", & "that's a good person, but, you're not a fit" type of deal. IDK. Some of my reflections I've been having lately about this card.

I like your perspective on the Empress meaning change. That was my initial reaction as well. Especially the change from "what you're used to or what you deep-down expected was gonna happen, but, didn't" That really struck a chord with me. I have been living up to an ideal of what my future was going to look like but it never happened because the relationship with my fiancé went sour. I'm only slowly moving on from that. Same thing with my last job application. A well-known beer company who holds 80% of the beer stock in the world had been stringing me along with positive evaluations, interviews and a lot of promises about hiring me only to dump me with the excuse that they had doubts about my motivation... Despite the fact that I went there several times and spent 3 months waiting while turning down other potential offers... I guess that view on the Empress you expressed seems to have happened to me twice in the past 6 months then. Hopefully, the future will look up.

nisaba

Correct. Or it could be trying to shout over the top of irrelevant readings you are trying to do, to deliver a message.

That message could be warning you to be careful with contraception. To control your eating. Even just to ring your mother urgently. Anything Empressy.

pageofswords9110

I get the empress when i need to be more nuturing and loving to myself. Maybe you need to take better care of yourself in general emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually.