The De-Enabling Thread

Alamaris

First: the Revelations Tarot. De-enable me before I get my paycheck!

Second: this is a future de-enabling, but I'm eyeing Moonboy's very-soon-to-be-released "Deviant Moon" Tarot. De-enable me from preordering, if you dare! (This may be hard, seeing as it hasn't been released yet. *weeps* The only thing that's holding me back is my "must see more card images before buying" obsession.)

magpie9

Once you get past the Revelation's gimmick, there's nothing there. All the faces in the majors are masked, inscrutable, and ugly to make up for it. The cards are too small for the amount of detail in them, making them difficult to read with. A lot of the reversals make no sense, and it's almost impossible to tell if the Hanged Man is upright or reversed. There's no depth to the deck, and the book would make good kindling.

At best, it's a one-trick pony.

FaireMaiden

Alamaris said:
First: the Revelations Tarot. De-enable me before I get my paycheck!

Second: this is a future de-enabling, but I'm eyeing Moonboy's very-soon-to-be-released "Deviant Moon" Tarot. De-enable me from preordering, if you dare! (This may be hard, seeing as it hasn't been released yet. *weeps* The only thing that's holding me back is my "must see more card images before buying" obsession.)
The Revelations: way, way, way too busy... and those white borders... yuk...

The Deviant Moon: no need to pre-order... it'll be a long while before they're even available... I think Patrick said he's giving them a debut sometime in January, so, you really can wait on these as I think the pre-order will be available for quite some time...

Perhaps you've just got a bug to buy something???... Well, it's the holidays now, so, I say, if you've just got to spend some money, spend it on others, *lol*

ilweran

peace_pixie said:
Then get Doreen Virtue's goddess deck... its cheap and has Bast in it :)

That's not de-enabling! That's adding more to my list :(

<loads google>

:D

gregory

*:lightbulb A mass deenablement moment.:lightbulb*

[size=+2]CHRISTMAS IS COMING.[/size]

How do you all know that someone else won't buy that deck you are drooling over for you ???? So we must ALL stop buying RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE so as not to spoil it for the givers in our lives.

OK ???

(signed: gently hoping for - well, I won't mention it here, but it is so expensive it denables people all by itself.... :()

wytchwood

peace_pixie said:
Odd request here, but can some de-enable me from buying any deck... I have that urge to buy a tarot deck... ANY... just so long as i can have the thrill of shuffling new cards... and waiting for a package.... yes i know i'm sad *sob*

Now come on, we are ALL sad then!! lol

Just think how disappointing the new deck would be when you hadn't really even wanted it. How empty will you feel as you open the deck knowing it's just going to get put aside? Instead of thinking about the excitement of unwrapping it as if it were some rare treasure, think of it as it will really be- opening a deck you won't even like, feeling bad about wasting money on it. If you need the excitement of a prize arriving in the post, but something cheaply off ebay or something, or get some free stationary from vista...

Zoe xx

Little Hare

Thanks for that gregory, but no-one ever buys me tarot for christmas *sob* I'd love to get something as a surprise!

wytchwood

Indeed Christmas is a huge de-enabler due to the COST involved!! I have splurged a little bit lately on decks, well, it's been months since I bought any decks so I've bought about 4 decks in the last few weeks, but it has to STOP!! I can't afford to buy treats for myself when there are PRESENTS to buy!

Zoe xx

firefrost

I cheated - I got Chronata to hang onto a Minute deck 'til February for me!!

(Daughter's 16th coming up in January so no spare pennies 'til then :(.....)

:D :D

Having said all that, I'm having to temporarily de-enable myself over the Circle of Life tarot and Deidrie of the Sorrows tarot...Next year...

Alta

Goodness, getting ready for Christmas is the biggest de-enabler of all.... agree with you there! But, it also allows us to drop hints to our nearest and dearest so I guess there is a trade off there.

The Revelations is not a deck I could work with either. Fussy images and often the reversals make little sense.