Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

tmgrl2

OHNOOOOO....Imagemaker...it's pulling me in. I keep putting the Thoth away because those WORDS, those WORDS ....

they DISTURB me...

Your soothing meditation almost had me

Taking out a sharp pair of scissors....

and cutting, cutting, cutting....

Alas...I cannot bring myself to the point of cutting a deck.

It would be like...like....

Cutting out.....a piece of the artist....

I could

Give them away....but then...

Someone might READ with them...Oh dear, better I should hide them away...or perhaps BUY them all until they become OOP and put them in some dark, locked box and a far corner of a cave or castle where they will be safe from some yet unborn tarot reader of future times.

My greatest fear???

One day I will pull them out, look through them again...and

say...

Hmmmmm....I could read with these...

tmgrl

tmgrl2

After reading through all these posts again....tmgrl begins to

Imagine other decks she has...

without their borders....

certainly without the words....(except for the usuals on the Trumps and Courts...although the card with no name and the card with no number....are there....actually there is another with no name...Le Vaslet de Deniers)...

tmgrl is now thoroughly confused.....

Imagemaker

. . . only when you're ready . . . it's a big move to walk through that door . . . no pressure, just consider . . . the possibilities . . . of freedom . . .

*sparkly golden light surrounds you*

tmgrl2

Imagemaker said:
. . . only when you're ready . . . it's a big move to walk through that door . . . no pressure, just consider . . . the possibilities . . . of freedom . . .

*sparkly golden light surrounds you*

I feel the light!! I feel the light!! I'm not ready to make the move. It could happen one day, though.

terri

Imagemaker

I remembered what else I trimmed: the Halloween deck.

Now the untrimmed ones are starting to look funny.

tmgrl2

Imagemaker said:
I remembered what else I trimmed: the Halloween deck.

Now the untrimmed ones are starting to look funny.

Aha! the truth unfolds...

terri

Myrrha

How do those of you who do not have corner rounding scissors do the corners?

The only corner-thingy I could find at the craft store was like a giant toenail clipper and it doesn't have any way of making sure the curve is evenly centered so it comes out lopsided each time.

-Myrrha

Imagemaker

My corner-rounder made all the difference in making the trimmed deck look finished. It's a blue thing, sits on the table, that I put the corner of the card into and push the button down. It clips the the pointed corner off.

The sides of the card make it fit in right, so that the card doesn't come out lopsided. It cost $5 at our local craft store, in the scrapbook section.

Sulis

I'm sooooooo tempted to snip my new Druidcraft - it's just too big for me and it has a 'stone' coloured border and a white border - I just think the white border is unnecessary.

I think that left as it is I won't use it that much but chopped - well you never know :)

I'm going into Nottingham this afternoon, I may have to look for a corner rounder.

Love

Sulis xx

Imagemaker

I think that left as it is I won't use it that much but chopped - well you never know

This is my philosophy--when I already know what's down one path, I'm willing to take a small risk (it's only replaceable cardboard) to explore the other.

And if you use the deck, instead of shelving it, wouldn't that please the artist more?