2 questions

Aeon

Hi everyone, ok first question...how do you argue with a person who is all convinced that the cards MUST be handled by the other person and that the person MUST be present. I asked a friend (who lives a long way away) if I could practice using some of his quesitons, he said sure but it wouldn't work because he wasn't here. Yet with this same person we can just think for the other to call and it works. I'm trying to explain to him that it's the same thing (tapping into that line so to speak) and he's saying it's not. Yanno that "this is how they did it way back when" speech. Did I mention this guy is pompous and never wrong gotta love him.

Second question is ::::drum roll:::: when you do daily cards and you're pulling three, do you assign positions or are you just taking all three as "the situation"?

Aeon
14 Aug 2001

whoops, sorry hit send too fast.

Thanks for the help

Aeon

truthsayer
14 Aug 2001

if this guy's mind is too closed to take your offer to do readings for him seriously--albeit long distance, do you think he will respect what you have to say once you've done the readings? unless you are doing this for yourself w/ his permission to read his questions, then i'd forget it. i remember a reading i did for a friend last year. i assumed she knew if i was doing a reading for HER it meant the reading was about HER. instead she delegated everything i said as belonging to someone else she knew. i decided she was too much in denial about herself for self-improvement and haven't read for her since.

the second question--on 3 card spreads, i generally name the 3 cards something. #1 might be past, present, future. #2 body, mind, spirit. i'm sure there are other trios out there. there are times that i look at the 3 cards as a sentence--adjective noun verb or noun verb adverb, etc. that's making a particular statement. how do i know? the question asked doesn't break down into 3 parts.

now that i've blown your mind, any questions? ;D

misifu
15 Aug 2001

This is one of my favorite topics! First and foremost, again, I was taught by my mother to read cards, and while I have gained some knowledge through books also, I was taught ( again, that Gypsy tradition ), that when I do a reading, the other person is to handle and shuffle the cards, because the cards "absorb" the other person's energy, vibes, thoughts, whatever you want to call it. However, there have been times when I get a long distance call and that person wants a reading. What I'm trying to say is, that although I do go by my mother's teachings, you can read for someone if they are not present. Also, keep this in mind, there are times when I get clients that have advanced arthritis and cannot shuffle well or at all. While I prefer the person present and shuffling the cards, it is not a matter of life or death. Also, in answer to the cards falling out, the 3 cards I read both as past, present, and future, but also a message altoghter. There are no right or wrong ways. Do what is most comfortable to you. Just remember, don't block your mind out to new things.
Love,
Misifu

destinyawaitsme
15 Aug 2001

Well, as far as daily readings, I sort of call them as I see them. Sometimes evern though you wanted it to be past, present, and future, it just turns out to be something else.

But usually I do:
1)beginning of day
2)main theme of the day
3)end of day

So, it's kind of like PPF, but a little different.

Rhiannon
15 Aug 2001

Aeon,

As far as arguing with someone like that is concerned, just don't do it. Just nod and smile. They eventually go away because you won't play anymore. ;)

I've done readings for friends over the phone, through email, etc. and I've had pretty good success. Of course, these are people I know well anyway... so I sort of know the cards are referring to them. I also did a reading on an acquaintance without him present, with no specific question and emailed it to him the next day. He said most of it made sense to him.

If I'm in the same room with my querent I ask them if they'd like to shuffle the cards. I also ask them to hold the significator while I shuffle the cards first. But I don't feel it's absolutely neccessary to get a good reading.

Finally, when I do my daily 3 card pull I choose Mind, Body and Spirit.

Whew! OK, sorry. I'm done now and I'll shut up. ;)

Rhiannon :)

Aeon
15 Aug 2001

Mind/Body/Spirit..I definitly like this one, thanks. The sentence one though, tried that last night and it just didn't click..maybe later when I get better at this.

Truth, don't pat yourself on the back too much..blowing my mind isn't that hard to do ::::MWAH::::::

Aeon

Aeon
15 Aug 2001

Rhiannon (16 Aug, 2001 04:02):
Aeon,

As far as arguing with someone like that is concerned, just don't do it. Just nod and smile. They eventually go away because you won't play anymore. ;)

I initiated this with this guy because he really does know alot and would be a good source of feedback for me to practice with on an outside source. He wasn't really interested in having a reading done, but willing to help me learn. After reading you guys responses and thinking about it, I'm just not going to work with him. I could have easily done it without him knowing but didn't feel comfortable with that and his feedback would have been a big help. He's too negative though and I don't even want to have another debate with him about "how it's properly done". Sad though, he's studied many different systems and religions for years and would be a great resource if he'd just open up his attitude a little. Oh well, I have other friends who would be more than willing to be guinea pigs they just don't have the background to help me research and theorize. You guys are stuck with me.

Aeon

MeeWah
15 Aug 2001

Aeon: Having a lot of knowledge doesn't mean one has wisdom. True knowledge works with understanding & insight; also with the willingness to see differently, to be flexible.
There is no right or wrong way to do a reading--only the way that works for you!
I've done readings in-person; via phone or at a distance without the physical presence of the client. The last have been some of the most productive sessions.

nexyjo
16 Aug 2001

the most accurate reading i've ever had done, was without me being there. the reader was so accurate, i could have set my watch to it. i've done readings on line, which seemed to have satified the querant as well.

i think most would agree that there are no set rules - each person must determine what works for them.

luv and light,
nexy

Aeon
16 Aug 2001

MeeWah (16 Aug, 2001 10:22):
Aeon: Having a lot of knowledge doesn't mean one has wisdom.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there with this guy. He hasn't integrated what he's learned into his life, it's hanging in his ego. well here's something for me to work on..why do I keep talking to this person who drives me nuts? ::::eek:ff to do a reading bout this situation:::::

thanks guys/gals
Aeon

The 2 questions thread was originally posted on 14 Aug 2001 in the Using Tarot Cards board, and is now archived in the Forum Library. Read the threads in Using Tarot Cards, or read more archived threads.

Aeon

whoops, sorry hit send too fast.

Thanks for the help

Aeon

truthsayer

if this guy's mind is too closed to take your offer to do readings for him seriously--albeit long distance, do you think he will respect what you have to say once you've done the readings? unless you are doing this for yourself w/ his permission to read his questions, then i'd forget it. i remember a reading i did for a friend last year. i assumed she knew if i was doing a reading for HER it meant the reading was about HER. instead she delegated everything i said as belonging to someone else she knew. i decided she was too much in denial about herself for self-improvement and haven't read for her since.

the second question--on 3 card spreads, i generally name the 3 cards something. #1 might be past, present, future. #2 body, mind, spirit. i'm sure there are other trios out there. there are times that i look at the 3 cards as a sentence--adjective noun verb or noun verb adverb, etc. that's making a particular statement. how do i know? the question asked doesn't break down into 3 parts.

now that i've blown your mind, any questions? ;D

misifu

This is one of my favorite topics! First and foremost, again, I was taught by my mother to read cards, and while I have gained some knowledge through books also, I was taught ( again, that Gypsy tradition ), that when I do a reading, the other person is to handle and shuffle the cards, because the cards "absorb" the other person's energy, vibes, thoughts, whatever you want to call it. However, there have been times when I get a long distance call and that person wants a reading. What I'm trying to say is, that although I do go by my mother's teachings, you can read for someone if they are not present. Also, keep this in mind, there are times when I get clients that have advanced arthritis and cannot shuffle well or at all. While I prefer the person present and shuffling the cards, it is not a matter of life or death. Also, in answer to the cards falling out, the 3 cards I read both as past, present, and future, but also a message altoghter. There are no right or wrong ways. Do what is most comfortable to you. Just remember, don't block your mind out to new things.
Love,
Misifu

destinyawaitsme

Well, as far as daily readings, I sort of call them as I see them. Sometimes evern though you wanted it to be past, present, and future, it just turns out to be something else.

But usually I do:
1)beginning of day
2)main theme of the day
3)end of day

So, it's kind of like PPF, but a little different.

Rhiannon

Aeon,

I've done readings for friends over the phone, through email, etc. and I've had pretty good success. Of course, these are people I know well anyway... so I sort of know the cards are referring to them. I also did a reading on an acquaintance without him present, with no specific question and emailed it to him the next day. He said most of it made sense to him.

If I'm in the same room with my querent I ask them if they'd like to shuffle the cards. I also ask them to hold the significator while I shuffle the cards first. But I don't feel it's absolutely neccessary to get a good reading.

Finally, when I do my daily 3 card pull I choose Mind, Body and Spirit.

Whew! OK, sorry. I'm done now and I'll shut up. ;)

Rhiannon :)

Aeon

Mind/Body/Spirit..I definitly like this one, thanks. The sentence one though, tried that last night and it just didn't click..maybe later when I get better at this.

Truth, don't pat yourself on the back too much..blowing my mind isn't that hard to do ::::MWAH::::::

Aeon

Aeon

Rhiannon (16 Aug, 2001 04:02):
Aeon,

I initiated this with this guy because he really does know alot and would be a good source of feedback for me to practice with on an outside source. He wasn't really interested in having a reading done, but willing to help me learn. After reading you guys responses and thinking about it, I'm just not going to work with him. I could have easily done it without him knowing but didn't feel comfortable with that and his feedback would have been a big help. He's too negative though and I don't even want to have another debate with him about "how it's properly done". Sad though, he's studied many different systems and religions for years and would be a great resource if he'd just open up his attitude a little. Oh well, I have other friends who would be more than willing to be guinea pigs they just don't have the background to help me research and theorize. You guys are stuck with me.

Aeon

MeeWah
15 Aug 2001

Aeon: Having a lot of knowledge doesn't mean one has wisdom. True knowledge works with understanding & insight; also with the willingness to see differently, to be flexible.
There is no right or wrong way to do a reading--only the way that works for you!
I've done readings in-person; via phone or at a distance without the physical presence of the client. The last have been some of the most productive sessions.

nexyjo
16 Aug 2001

the most accurate reading i've ever had done, was without me being there. the reader was so accurate, i could have set my watch to it. i've done readings on line, which seemed to have satified the querant as well.

i think most would agree that there are no set rules - each person must determine what works for them.

luv and light,
nexy

Aeon
16 Aug 2001

MeeWah (16 Aug, 2001 10:22):
Aeon: Having a lot of knowledge doesn't mean one has wisdom.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there with this guy. He hasn't integrated what he's learned into his life, it's hanging in his ego. well here's something for me to work on..why do I keep talking to this person who drives me nuts? ::::eek:ff to do a reading bout this situation:::::

thanks guys/gals
Aeon

The 2 questions thread was originally posted on 14 Aug 2001 in the Using Tarot Cards board, and is now archived in the Forum Library. Read the threads in Using Tarot Cards, or read more archived threads.

MeeWah

nexyjo

luv and light,
nexy