3 of cups & triple goddess

BrightEye

Crowley calls the 3 of cups the card of Demeter and Persephone because of the pomegranates in the Thoth card. I got this card recently when I asked who is my spirit guide? Could the card represent the Triple Goddess since Demeter and Persephone are two aspects of that goddess and the card shows 3 women?

Thirteen

BrightEye said:
Crowley calls the 3 of cups the card of Demeter and Persephone because of the pomegranates in the Thoth card. I got this card recently when I asked who is my spirit guide? Could the card represent the Triple Goddess since Demeter and Persephone are two aspects of that goddess and the card shows 3 women?
Actually, there are 3 goddess with the Demeter and Persephone story. You can have it one of two ways, either there's also Hecate, who tells Demeter what's happened to her daughter in the Persephone story, or you split Persephone into before and after the story:

Kore (The maiden goddess)
Persephone (Crone goddess of the dead)

Thus Demeter's daughter plays two roles depending on the time of year and you get a triple goddess even though there's only Mother/Daughter.

In short, the answer to your question is: Yes.

BrightEye

thanks, thirteen. yes, i read the myth recently and i was wondering about hecate as the third element. she seemed kind of separate from the other two, so i wasn't sure. but thanks for confirming that for me.