5 of Swords as ROMANTIC feelings - HELP please!

Nalini

It means that it's better to take the action to learn something we don't know, rather than wait on something that can't know.

Ah! Thanks and sorry for being such a 'duh'!

r3alchild

Ah! Thanks and sorry for being such a 'duh'!
No, thankyou for asking a question that helped me think of how to give you an answer.

Nalini

r3alchild

No, thankyou for asking a question that helped me think of how to give you an answer

Welcome then. :D

ChristianReader

maybe the person feels bad that they have some sort of attraction. In my own experience a friend of mine had a girlfriend and this card came up for his romantic feelings for me. Obviously i liked him too but he later admitted after they broke up that he did have feelings but he didnt want to go for it if it would make him a cheater, jerk, and the bad guy.(we did end up dating for a while by the way. So often in romantic readings i associate this card with the sentence "but at what cost!!!"

Hope that helps

Thirteen

The mode of communication rather than words said?

So often in romantic readings i associate this card with the sentence "but at what cost!!!"
That's a very good one liner for the card! And maybe that's what it's all about. Maybe this 5/Swords, as romance, is simply a romance with a cost because it's long distance. Swords is communications, and anything that relates to such including phones, e-mail, Skype, etc. The card may be pointing out that romance is difficult in this situation not because the two have problems with each other, but because they *LITERALLY* have communication problems. Which might be why it's unbalanced (as Rodney said). Because they have to keep doing battle with time zones, communication devices, the cost of such calls, etc.

ChristianReader's point is well taken, I think. Maybe the romantic feelings are too tied into the "cost" of the relationship given the communications difficulties. Not misunderstandings, or personalities, or even cultural differences, but simply the difficulties caused by the devices and requirements of long-distance communications. Perhaps it is these which, as Wind pointed out, make it hard (though clearly not impossible) for Venus to function. And the guy could be feeling that. Frustration not with her, but with the devices, etc. They are making him feel like he's in a battle to maintain his romantic feelings.

ChristianReader

Thankyou thirteen! !!! Thats a big compliment coming from you!

Nalini

ChristianReader

maybe the person feels bad that they have some sort of attraction. In my own experience a friend of mine had a girlfriend and this card came up for his romantic feelings for me. Obviously i liked him too but he later admitted after they broke up that he did have feelings but he didnt want to go for it if it would make him a cheater, jerk, and the bad guy.(we did end up dating for a while by the way. So often in romantic readings i associate this card with the sentence "but at what cost!!!"

Hope that helps

ChristianReader,

Thanks very much for explaining things so well. I'm glad to have started this thread, it has been truly enlightening.

Nalini

Thirteen

That's a very good one liner for the card! And maybe that's what it's all about. Maybe this 5/Swords, as romance, is simply a romance with a cost because it's long distance. Swords is communications, and anything that relates to such including phones, e-mail, Skype, etc. The card may be pointing out that romance is difficult in this situation not because the two have problems with each other, but because they *LITERALLY* have communication problems. Which might be why it's unbalanced (as Rodney said). Because they have to keep doing battle with time zones, communication devices, the cost of such calls, etc.

ChristianReader's point is well taken, I think. Maybe the romantic feelings are too tied into the "cost" of the relationship given the communications difficulties. Not misunderstandings, or personalities, or even cultural differences, but simply the difficulties caused by the devices and requirements of long-distance communications. Perhaps it is these which, as Wind pointed out, make it hard (though clearly not impossible) for Venus to function. And the guy could be feeling that. Frustration not with her, but with the devices, etc. They are making him feel like he's in a battle to maintain his romantic feelings.

Thirteen,

Very many thanks.

This makes perfect sense. 'The cost' is not only high for all that you've mentioned but also if they want to meet! Airfare, visa and so many other things that comes into play. So, though he might be having romantic feelings (as other cards show) but also feels that it is a battle to maintain the relationship.

The HP

Misinterpreting the text messages as the sender intends. For example,
I love you
I LOVE you!!!!
I love U, big daddy!

All mean the same thing, but different expression points in grammar make a difference. The tone of the text can be misinterpreted. Texting is the worst for communication!