6 of Swords- as an obstacle

sunflowr

I asked the tarot what is holding something up. Am waiting to hear from someone (most likely by email) and asked why they havent gotten back to me yet. I was taking it personal, so I asked how they feel about me and I got Ace of Cups. I asked similar before, and got similar kind of card. So, apparently good feelings. So, then I asked why I havent yet heard from this person, I got 6 of swords. So, seeing it as an obstacle, how would you interpret 6 of swords? I used the Rohrig, which is very similar to Thoth. Card name is "Science" and depicts a maze and 2 roots going through different parts of the maze and ending up at the same place.. a beautiful flower. :)

(love that deck!!!).

Centaur

I perceive the Thoth 6 of Swords (Science) to be very much related to the pursuit of learning, and knowledge. Perhaps the person in question is at the moment tied up with study, or work?

firemaiden

Well, is this a long distance thing? An internet thing? And if science is the obstacle, perhaps his computer is down? A failure of technology?

Or else he is failing to make the move that would shove him off the shore toward you. He is held back by the feeling of distance between you and the fear that if he leaves his shore (the status quo of where he is, and not talking to you) maybe his whole life would change, and he's not prepared for that.

star-lover

im getting a moving towards you/destination decided but it will take a little time

xx

Cave Bear

There may be issues/problems that this person needs to sort out before they can reach you. The Rohrig deck is beautiful and I think the image of going through the maze before reaching full bloom says it all... perhaps they need to take care of business first. As to what that business is.... them? someone else? .... will become clear in time. :)

sunflowr

Interesting interpretations! Thanks! Yea, I had thought more like literal trouble with an email getting here (like maybe they have no computer at the moment). I also thought they may be real stressed and busy and need to be at the place of the 6 of swords before they can take the time to correspond. I know the person is real busy. No, this isnt anything "romantic". Just waiting to hear word on something I made them and need their approval on. I thought maybe they didnt like it or didnt like me, and that's why I took it personal. Seeing as I got Ace of Cups (and similar reading with other decks) when I asked how they feel about me, I then asked "ok well then why isnt this person communicating", and got 6 of swords. The Science card.

Why is it called "Science", by the way?