A completely newbie to Lenormand...

kimtsan

As the title suggests, I am a complete newbie to this and I know nothing about Lenormand...other than that it's divination by playing cards? What's the difference between Lenormand and Tarot? For the most part, I've been a tarot ever since my journey started. I'm interested in the Lenormand so any introductory information would be appreciated. :) Plus I want to hear from the people who are passionate about Lenormand. :D

Thanks! Can't wait.

Izzydunne

A good place to start would be some personal research. Youtube, the internet, older posts on this forum, are an excellent opportunity to learn the answers to the questions you seek. With this approach you are not wanting others to do the heaving lifting for you.

Lunajade

newbie Lenormand

Hi Kimtsan,

Glad to hear that you are interested in Lenormand! Like Izzydune suggested it's good to do some research on the internet. You can check out Donnaleigh's blog divinewhispers.net. She explains the difference between tarot and lenormand and she gives lenormand lessons.
Good luck with your Lenormand journey!

Lunajade

Izzydunne

Lunajade makes an excellent suggestion. Donaleigh's blog is a very good place to start.

Lee

In my opinion, the best place to start is this forum's excellent Forum Index assembled by my co-moderator Glass Owl.

Lil Red

Hi kimtsan,

I started my lenormand journey this year and I know how overwhelming it can be in learning a new system. Heck I still get overwhelmed :confused:

But no worries, everyone has to start somewhere.

You should check the lenormand forum section, Donnahleigh website and podcast, and I recommend you to read Rana George book The Essential Lenormand . They are great materials to get you started in.

Good luck in your lenormand journey! :heart:

kimtsan

Thank you for all the recommendations. I will be sure to check them out. :)

kimtsan

Hi Kimtsan,

Glad to hear that you are interested in Lenormand! Like Izzydune suggested it's good to do some research on the internet. You can check out Donnaleigh's blog divinewhispers.net. She explains the difference between tarot and lenormand and she gives lenormand lessons.
Good luck with your Lenormand journey!

Lunajade

I'm checking out Donnaleigh's blog right now...wow!! So much info!! :D

Tag_jorrit

If you are truly interested in learning how to read the cards, there is an excellent new course -- actually courses -- in English done by a Belgian guy, Björn Meuris, who has been reading cards most of his life.

The beginner's course contains exercises that build your understanding step by step, including making your own combinations with explanations that will make the information stick in your mind. The second course is about the GT and is very comprehensive. The third that hasn't had the translation completed yet is about distance within the GT.

You can find the courses here under 'programmes' and get the faqs under 'support.' The vids you will see on the site are not in English but the of the courses are in English, for English speakers and the translation is so good you would never know it was from another language.

I feel confident saying that if you get the beginners course and follow it, you will learn in a week what took me a year of casting about reading books and blogs. And understand enough to throw away the 'combination charts."

The information is filling in the blanks and clarifying a lot for me. I think it's great.

Owl Song

I just started working with Lenormand. I have "The Essential Lenormand" book on my Kindle by Rana George. I'm going through the book (slowly). I have been working with Tarot for years so Lenormand is a very different system. I like it though and I think it will enhance my intuitive abilities as a whole. She has some exercises, once you get to the reading section, that get progressively more intricate as you get more and more well versed in the cards.