A deck with a missing card

vinLove

Hi All

I bought a used 1970s vintage Lenormand deck recently, but when it arrived I found it is missing a card - No.28 Man. I notified the seller, and the deal has been resolved, however, it is still missing the card.

How could I make this deck usable? Or is it OK to use it with the missing card in the deck? What do you think? Thanks.

Autumn Spice

I would just make one out of whatever you have. Cut to size.

An index card.
An Ace of hearts playing card. I think you can get a deck cheap from a dollar store. Or ask a friends or family if they have an old deck they don't use.
A picture of a man printed on photo paper.

Anything you can think of will work.

Rayo

I don't think you should use it without the man card. It's too important.

In your shoes, I'd probably scan some other card, alter it in photoshop to make a man card and then print it.
I printed a lenormand deck a while back and it ended up being my favorite because I kept most of the original cards, but I altered the ones I didn't like. Now my man is Henry James and my woman is Marie Curie! lol
Anyway, you can consider this an opportunity to make a card that really speaks to you, make it personal.

I recommend you use a thick paper and after printing apply a few layers of acrylic varnish on both sides. It feels a little sticky at first and it takes a while for the smell to fade, but with use it turns out pretty good. I also made tons of bookmarks using this method.

Le Fanu

Which deck is it? Someone might have a spare one.

You say it is vintage 1970s. Give us more clues. Someone could scan one. Or maybe someone has an incomplete deck...