A List of Large and Oversized Decks

Stregaverde

Tarot of the Old Path.

contrascarpe

Not sure what criteria we are using for oversized. I usually base it on larger than the RWS or the Robin Wood (which I use often). Last night I did two readings for people, both starting with the Robin Wood which they had no problem shuffling.

Then I used each of baba-prague's decks (Tarot of Prague and Baroque Bohemian Cats) and they had a noticably tougher time shuffling them. So maybe they fall into this category as well (mind you, I love the size and feel of both these decks).

Dan

Jewel-ry

Sacred Circle is quite large and the Tarot of Paris

:)

Kittaine

Which of these decks is actually the largest, you think? I don't have all of em, but I think the Rohrig has to take the award...I didn't think it'd be THAT large!

contrascarpe

Kittaine said:
Which of these decks is actually the largest, you think? I don't have all of em, but I think the Rohrig has to take the award...I didn't think it'd be THAT large!

It depends on what criteria you use for "large". By memory, the Rohrig is probably among the longest, but if you take length and width together, there are some that are bigger.

I'm glad Jewel-ry brought up the Paris. For some reason I keep forgetting about this beauty.

Dan

Gerbear

The Enoil Gavat is the same size as the Rohrig. These two are probably the largest among the more common decks. Many art decks are larger. The Genovesi is the largest I have at 8" X 14"

13thFaeChylde

adds Wise Woman to the list.

fyreflye

The Zigeuner (Gypsy) Tarot 4" X 5 & 3/4"

The Flying Hearts Tarot 3 & 3/4" X 6"

Flavio

The World Spirit Tarot cards are wider than most decks... the cards are almost square.

annik

On the gigantic size, there is the Lovecraft tarot. It's the biggest deck that I have.