A look into the future

Mariana

I'm a bit confused by people's reactions, I think the Empress' face in the first version looks so much nicer, although she looks tired. The second version looks a bit angry and she has such a big nose...

Arcana XV

Wow, this is looking like another gorgeous deck, Ciro. I have and adore both the Gilded and the Tarot of Dreams. They are both very popular decks with my querents. This one will undoubtedly be finding its way to my shuffling hands as soon as it is published.

I think the second Empress card is much better, too. The first one looked like a sulky teenager who did not look happy to be pregnant at all.

I can't wait to see The Devil, as it is the card that makes or breaks a deck for me.

LOVE Death and the Queen of Coins!

Elysianfaery

Ooh, love the deck! Q of Wands & Q of Pentacles are my favorites. Powerful energy

I'm very intrigued by the High Priestess too...she's a little scary but I can't stop looking at her! haha Just beautiful!

cirom

One more

This will be the last image for a while, they're all taking for ever.
Anyway I'm expecting a few raised eyebrows for this one, as it deviates considerably from the standard imagery.

While we need to be worldy wise in order to be in position to judge the pros and cons of a given situation, the value and fairness of our judgments almost certainly is influenced by our personal preferences, prejudice, preconceptions etc.
Hence the traditional imagery of Justice being blindfolded and therefore "impartial" is the the archetype symbology, not just for Tarot but the legal systems of many cultures. In being so it also reconfirms an aknowledment that no matter how educated or well intentioned, we as flawed humans are incapable of true justice. The Consul of ancient Rome attempted to address this by dividing the power and sharing the resposibility from the individual to two, each with veto power. How successfull this approach proved to be is questionable. Yet the intention was sound. Checks and balances would ensure fairer decisions.
This is the essence of my image. Here Justice is shared, the two figures are also symbolically blind, they are also turning away from each other, each considering, pondering and deciding uninfluenced by the other, yet each having an influence and effect of the direction of the resulting verdict. Each also bringing an aspect of the system into the equation, one the rules of law (the scrolls) and the other, authority and obedience to the verdit and its consequences (sword).

Hope that makes sense and you like the image.

Attachments

• JUSTICE.jpg
    JUSTICE.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 318

BodhiSeed

Love the idea of checks and balances using the two figures Ciro! I also like the use of the pendulum rather than the traditional scales.

Bodhran

HearthCricket

Oh, I love it! I love the way the women mirror each other, but, as you said, are looking away so they will ultimately make their own decision and not be influenced by each other and that in every decision made there are pros and cons, two sides of the story, etc. I love the dualship (if that is a word?) of this card! A very nice approach to Justice.

rwcarter

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Justice card. So when's this deck gonna be finished? :laugh: (That's a rhetorical question. Great works are finished when they're finished.)

Rodney

Arcana XV

LOVE IT.

I love the idea of two concepts of Justice. The one written in the law books and the one fought for by the sword.

It's perfect.

Edited to add: I looked at the image before reading your comments on it Ciro and it looks like I saw exactly what you were trying to convey. :)

The 78th Fool

That Justice card is awesome ! The concept is beautiful and really made me think twice about a card I often take for granted.

Chris. xx

cirom

Arcana XV said:
LOVE IT.

I looked at the image before reading your comments on it Ciro and it looks like I saw exactly what you were trying to convey. :)

Thats good to hear, because thats the (impossible) goal for each card.