A party where the cards kept repeating??

franniee

Hi SSN! It was an odd phenomena. :heart:

I bought some crystals yesterday for protection on my next gig.... black obsidean, tiger's eye, goldstone because I was drawn to it, jet and hematite. I love crystals... I don't know what to do with them but they are lovely!! :)

Michelle

franniee,

I experienced something similar, so I can completely relate to how your night went.
At a party I did in November, all of the guests were either related or close family friends. I was aware that there had been a recent family death, but was unaware of the multiple deaths in the family in recent years. By the end of the night, I had looked at the same cards so many times, I wanted to cry :). Not to mention the energy of the deceased that kept coming through.I was very tired the next day.

You did great hanging in there with a cold !

Namaste,
Michelle

lark

Sometimes when I'm reading at a party like that I feel like saying..."OK everybody sit down we're going to have a mass group reading"....that might get some of those shared energies out of the way before we move on to individual readings.
Wonder how that would work?

franniee

thankyou michelle and lark!

that sounds like a good plan! I couldn't do it in this instance because these people were for the most part very repressed. They would ahve run screaming!!! :laugh:

I just came back from this wonderful store called the mystic warrior - the owner is american indian and I told him that I am absorbing the energies too much and he was very enlightening.. i bought a few crystals and he walked me thru some visualizations... I never have really paid attention to them but I will from now on. :D

Michelle

lark said:
Sometimes when I'm reading at a party like that I feel like saying..."OK everybody sit down we're going to have a mass group reading"....that might get some of those shared energies out of the way before we move on to individual readings.

I think that's a great idea, Lark ! The family/group that I read could have definitely used something like that.

Namaste,
Michelle

Elnor

lark said:

Excellent idea, Lark! I've got a birthday party booked next month, and I might give that a go... it might help break the ice with me and the guests a bit, and also be nice for those who have never had a reading before.

Hmmm... I'll have to muse on what kind of spread to come up with for a group situation- could be interesting. Thanks for that tip!

elnor

lark

Let us know how it works...I've never done it myself, but I sure have felt like trying it sometimes..
One Halloween party I remember most of the guests had the most horribly depressing cards...and when I mentioned it later to the hostess she said "Oh, they're all from the same family and they've had 3 deaths and a lot of other tradgedy in the family this year.

So a group reading for them might have been a great idea....shaking out some of that depressive energy.

tarotbear

If you did 17 readings in a single night (Bless you!) it is very possible that you would get many 'repeating cards.' Some of it is leftover energy from previous readings clinging on; oftimes you have to 'clear' the cards between readings or bring multiple decks with you and 'ground out' the accumulating energy. Merely grounding yourself is not always enough.