A question on tarot readings and changing the future

gorgeousbutterfly

Any readers had experience of seeing some negative cards for the future and then changing the outcome by your thoughts/manifestations?? Any stories??

euripides

Any readers had experience of seeing some negative cards for the future and then changing the outcome by your thoughts/manifestations?? Any stories??

Imagine you are walking along a path. Your decisions so far have led you here, and you are continuing in a certain direction. You grab your camera, set the lens on 'telephoto' and snap the view in front of you. That is your reading.

You look at the picture and see a nasty, spiky shrub or fallen tree blocking the way ahead, some rocks, or perhaps even a storm over the horizon.

So armed with that knowledge, you take a step or two backwards and find another way to go. This path goes around the obstacles you saw, and you can see that the storm will sweep past on the other side of the hill. The view in front of you is now very different from the one in that 'photograph' reading.

gorgeousbutterfly

Imagine you are walking along a path. Your decisions so far have led you here, and you are continuing in a certain direction. You grab your camera, set the lens on 'telephoto' and snap the view in front of you. That is your reading.

You look at the picture and see a nasty, spiky shrub or fallen tree blocking the way ahead, some rocks, or perhaps even a storm over the horizon.

So armed with that knowledge, you take a step or two backwards and find another way to go. This path goes around the obstacles you saw, and you can see that the storm will sweep past on the other side of the hill. The view in front of you is now very different from the one in that 'photograph' reading.

I hope so.. at times i worry though you know? if i'm destined for the things are to come as a lesson etc .. and then my ego is in fear you know?

euripides

I hope so.. at times i worry though you know? if i'm destined for the things are to come as a lesson etc .. and then my ego is in fear you know?

I'm not that fatalistic. The future is very much shaped by our actions. It's a priviledge to be able to see a warning and get your lesson through the cards, not be hard experience!

Topsy

Euripides put it brilliantly - my view is that a reading gives an accurate picture of the future, but if we know what's in store we can choose to change it. So nothing is ever set in stone.

But you don't necessarily have to try and change the future - just having the knowledge of what's coming can help you deal with it better. For example, I had a couple of negative readings about the future of a relationship when I first started learning Tarot. Being young and immature, I didn't believe the warnings, didn't act on the readings, and things turned out exactly how the cards predicted. So recently when I did a careers spread and got the Devil for "future conditions", this time I trusted the cards. But I decided not to try and change the future. Instead I thought to myself, "I know what's coming, and I'm going to be prepared for it" and that change in attitude made a MASSIVE difference. When things got tough, I was prepared rather than disappointed and I got through the bad patch much more easily than if it had hit me out of the blue.

Meg88

Euripides put it brilliantly - my view is that a reading gives an accurate picture of the future, but if we know what's in store we can choose to change it. So nothing is ever set in stone.

But you don't necessarily have to try and change the future - just having the knowledge of what's coming can help you deal with it better. For example, I had a couple of negative readings about the future of a relationship when I first started learning Tarot. Being young and immature, I didn't believe the warnings, didn't act on the readings, and things turned out exactly how the cards predicted. So recently when I did a careers spread and got the Devil for "future conditions", this time I trusted the cards. But I decided not to try and change the future. Instead I thought to myself, "I know what's coming, and I'm going to be prepared for it" and that change in attitude made a MASSIVE difference. When things got tough, I was prepared rather than disappointed and I got through the bad patch much more easily than if it had hit me out of the blue.

Been there! Not believing the cards, that is, and then facing the consequences. I remember the cards basically telling me once that I was being cheated on by my partner, and that eventually things would fall apart. I was like "yeah, right, I'm sure I'm not being deceived," blah blah blah. Needless to say, it was correct. I trust those cards now! Haha.

So, in situations like that, I don't think I could have changed the outcome. I was already being lied to, I was already being cheated on. Had I believed the cards, though, I could have handled the situation differently. I can't tell you how thrown for a loop I was when the truth came out. It was a very painful time.

Of course, there are readings tht simply tell you what WILL shape up to be in the future if you stay on the same road. There are definitely things you can change. A reading is often but a warning.

Moonchild1721

I sometimes view the results of a reading as a way to bring to the surface what I already know. So you're not being told what's going to happen no matter what. I see my readings as a way to map out situation, then decide what my course of action will be. We create our map, and control what happens next!
That being said, sometimes I do worry when I pull a card. The imagery may intimidate me, or I may see a decision that needs to be made, and I don't want to make it!

euripides

I have a friend who, on occasion, has deliberately drawn the cards she's wanted. She's gone through the deck, decided on the cards that represented best what she wanted to happen next, laid them out and said, no, THIS is how it will be.

Strong woman.

nisaba

Absolutely. If I see bad stuff around the Chariot, I won't accept lifts from friends, or probably even get onto a bus. On such days I *don't* have accidents.

The whole point of a daily draw or a reading is to find out not only what your positives are, but what your pitfalls are as well. Then don't just sit there dumbly waiting for them to arrive so you san say how bloody accurate Tarot was - GET OUT OF THEIR WAY! Make sure it *doesn't* happen.

digi162

When I picked up tarot reading back in late 2000, I was a freshman in high school and often gave readings to a few friends. Although it was mostly practice, I had the book out, we'd go through it together sort of deal since I was still learning. There was one person who I did a reading for, she asked about this guy she was currently with. The last card in the reading was Ace of Cups, she thumbed through the book and grew livid because it said "possible pregnancy" in the description. What would be a positive card for a relationship, she viewed as a negative card because of her behaviors. She picked her stuff up without saying a word and left. I had to drill the information out of a friend, but apparently she had unprotected sex with the guy after a school dance. That piece of information from the reading resonated with her and made her rethink what she was doing apparently, which resulted in her avoiding me for years. Whether or not that aspect was true, it was enough to make her change her own irresponsible behavior with this guy to avoid a situation she wasn't ready for.