After Tarot by Lo Scarabeo

starchild

ok, so i understand that Gregory, although i thought the majority of my los scarebeo decks are in four languages so its kinda expected for me now. but will double check my decks now. xx

gregory

Got it and I LOVE it. I am suddenly inclined to lay out the Waite/Smith deck along with it and New Vision. That should be fun :)

rylla

Do you have the book? How do you like it? DO YOU THINK IT WORTH GETTING IT? Thank you!

(i.e I've got the Spellcaster kit and while the book is well written and has some good info on how to use the cards for magic (for those interested) it's a book that doesn't give too much new info and doesn't describe the design of the cards in detail - it could be a very good book for beginners but I did not get too much out of it)

gregory

I THINK so; I will get it out later... busy just now. Remind me if I don't tell you at some point today (GMT) !

ETA OK, I got it out ANYWAY.

The book is by Corrine Kenner - not one of my favourites, but to each their own. That does mean it is decently written. I quite like it, but while it does deal with the images on the cards, and meanings in terms of the changed image (as in "the fool will land on his feet" !) and has loads of stuff about symbols and connections - but on the other hand, a non-beginner like you will actually know most of that, and would also be able to figure out the progressions shown on the cards, and how the changed images affect it all.

I bought the kit, and I'm not sorry; I do find it interesting and I enjoyed reading it - but it isn't VITAL for someone as experienced as you are, rylla. That said - I don't know about where you are, but the kit costs little more than the deck on its own, and I DO like their magnetic boxes....

gregory

You saw I'd got it out now ? :)

rylla

Of course I did! :) We are all psychics here, aren't we? :) Nothing goes unnoticed!

Lee

I'll be skipping this one.

For me, the charm, utility, and downright genius of the RWS artwork is its delicious ambiguity. That's what makes readings with it so effective. Whatever one thinks of Pamela Colman Smith's draftsmanship skills, the ineffable mystery she imbued in the cards is, in my opinion, what accounts for the popular success of the deck (and of tarot in general).

Thus, I would prefer to keep my brain uncluttered and free of images that purport to show me what happened in front of, behind, above, below, in the future, or in the past of the RWS cards. As the reader, that's my job.

rylla

I'll be skipping this one.

For me, the charm, utility, and downright genius of the RWS artwork is its delicious ambiguity. That's what makes readings with it so effective. Whatever one thinks of Pamela Colman Smith's draftsmanship skills, the ineffable mystery she imbued in the cards is, in my opinion, what accounts for the popular success of the deck (and of tarot in general).

Thus, I would prefer to keep my brain uncluttered and free of images that purport to show me what happened in front of, behind, above, below, in the future, or in the past of the RWS cards. As the reader, that's my job.

Well put about RWS artwork, so true.

While no clone will ever exceeds Pamela's RWS deck (IMHO), and I get your point, After tarot could be considered a starting point in reading when considering "what happened in front of, behind, above, below, in the future, or in the past of the RWS cards. " Far from me to try to convince anyone (my apologies if it sounds like it), I have no connection to LoS :( , it's just an idea that occurred to me (and plan to try it out once I get the deck :)).

For me this deck - far away from replacing the original RWS deck - seems like a fun deck to experiment with. Quite looking forward to it :)