"Aisselle's Spiritual Tarot Insights" Discussion Thread

gregory

Ummmm - I hesitate to do so, as it is working fine for me.... Who else cannot get into it ? Is it just you and Pen ? (and possibly Jack as he has sent to the gmail account....)

I will if you want - but we could lose the lot... as it stands, it links to the blog - and doesn't it do that through the email ?

ETA I just took a look.

"Changing your primary address will not change your log in." Um....

Pen

gregory said:
Ummmm - I hesitate to do so, as it is working fine for me.... Who else cannot get into it ? Is it just you and Pen ? (and possibly Jack as he has sent to the gmail account....)

Jack replied to me by PM here, as I wouldn't have been able to get in to Aisselles' gmail account to see his reply. Perhaps if we just give google a bit more time to fix it?

We can still upload photos directly to the blog, they just won't show on the photostream on the main page.

Pen

gregory

I can upload them in flickr though. :) Best route for now ? So that we don't use up all our media space ?

strings of life

goldenweb said:
Jack replied to me by PM here, as I wouldn't have been able to get in to Aisselles' gmail account to see his reply. Perhaps if we just give google a bit more time to fix it?

We can still upload photos directly to the blog, they just won't show on the photostream on the main page.

Pen
The thing is, Google may not fix it. They may disable the account for good. I hope that isn't the case.

The Gmail I set up wasn't linked to a real name or a real phone number. I contacted support, but who knows.

I'm on my way to work now, and will sporadically check on it, but you may want to look into other options (set up another flickr to a real email, not sure).

Usually when there is a Gmail issue, they will contact te alternative email linked to the account; that wasn't the case here since it was disabled.

gregory, Pen, I'm going to PM you the master blog details later today so that you have them just in case.

Hmph.

ETA: Gmail is back up and running! :D

Pen

Well, I guess one of us could set up another flickr account with a real email address. I don't mind doing it if the account is disabled.

Pen

gregory

Is the email totally disabled ? Could you not just say you made a mistake ? (All the spoof addies I have made up have my real details attached ! I use my cell phone number.. :)

Pen - could you easily move all those pix and get them back on the blog, though ?

I'll try getting into the gmail from another browser....

gregory

Oh. OK - so they will "send you a Text message".

Google Accounts: Unusual activity detected on your account Share

Because we detected unusual activity on your account, we've disabled it for the time being. In most cases, accounts are disabled because of a perceived violation of either the Google Terms of Service or product-specific Terms of Service.

To immediately regain access, follow these steps:
Sign in to your account at http://www.google.com/accounts
Enter your phone number and choose how you want to receive a verification code (SMS or voice call)
Click Send verification code to my phone
You may need to wait up to 10 minutes to receive our SMS or voice call. Please do not request another code if the first one has not arrived. Only the most recent code requested will be accepted.
If the above process does not work, you can contact support for further assistance. Note that we will only follow up if we have more information to provide.

Read this article for more information on keeping your account secure.
And then there is a page where you have to do more. I am happy to DO more - but - aurarcana - did you specify a country ? If you did - putting the UK is not going to hope. If not, I suspect this won't work...

Can everyone at least BLOG ?

strings of life

gregory said:
Oh. OK - so they will "send you a Text message".

And then there is a page where you have to do more. I am happy to DO more - but - aurarcana - did you specify a country ? If you did - putting the UK is not going to hope. If not, I suspect this won't work...
They can't send me a text message; I didn't put a real # in; I put 000-000-0000.

gregory said:
Can everyone at least BLOG ?
You can for now, but the log-in you are all using is linked to that Gmail account. As far as sign-in goes, it shouldn't alter things (I don't think).

Jack

Just wondering has someone got back up of all the writing on the posts, it would be a shame to lose those, maybe we should start copying and pasting.

This all looks complicated and worrying, hope you manage to sort it without too much stress.

Is there not online support for these blogs?

strings of life

Jack said:
Just wondering has someone got back up of all the writing on the posts, it would be a shame to lose those, maybe we should start copying and pasting.

This all looks complicated and worrying, hope you manage to sort it without too much stress.

Is there not online support for these blogs?
There's nothing wrong with the blog; the blog is fine. The issue has to due with the Gmail address associated with everything.

Hoping it all gets resolved. No word from Gmail in my other Gmail account (when I sent the inquiry yesterday).

ETA: Although, all of the posts are linked to the Gmail account in question. We can't delete that log-in, otherwise all of the posts will be lost.

And to think I set up that other email to make things easy. Pity :/.

ETA: Gmail is back up and running! :D