All reversed 8's in one spread

Booboonomicon

I understand what the different suits of each reversed 8 means, and I have a general idea of what upright 8's mean, but I can't help but wonder and therefore ask those with much more experience what my tarot deck is screaming at me by having all four suits of reversed 8's show up in one general reading for myself.
Please, please give me your opinion? I did a forum search but didn't see anything about this specifically. Maybe I'm blind. :/

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Booboonomicon,

Do you want help with a specific reading? Or do you want a general discussion on having all of the cards from a reading turning up reversed? This section of the forum, Your Readings, is meant for people to post complete readings when they want help with the interpretations.

Using Tarot Cards is meant for more general discussions about cards, reading them, as well as for posting partial readings when one needs help.

If you have a specific, complete reading, and want help with it, you need to post all of the cards, your own interpretations of them and any positional meanings you may have used in the reading.

Let me know what you want to do and I can move this thread for you to UTC or wait for you to add in the missing information.

Others, please wait until things are clarified.

Thank you :)

prudence

Booboonomicon

Hi Booboonomicon,

Do you want help with a specific reading? Or do you want a general discussion on having all of the cards from a reading turning up reversed? This section of the forum, Your Readings, is meant for people to post complete readings when they want help with the interpretations.

Using Tarot Cards is meant for more general discussions about cards, reading them, as well as for posting partial readings when one needs help.

If you have a specific, complete reading, and want help with it, you need to post all of the cards, your own interpretations of them and any positional meanings you may have used in the reading.

Let me know what you want to do and I can move this thread for you to UTC or wait for you to add in the missing information.

Others, please wait until things are clarified.

Thank you :)

prudence

I'm sorry. I read the forum guidelines but upon reading other threads I guess I was confused about what was appropriate. I will update my original post with the complete reading now. Thank you!

Lucas Prince of Cats

Well, if you think there's a theme in the appearance of eights, than I would draw from the reasoning of why it's numbered eight. FOr the system in kabbalah, it's hod on all elevels. Now, you'll need to look this up, since the tree of life is not my thing. As for the system I follow, it's the fifth step of the active or male path, and the fifth step of all seven-step paths is the transformation.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Booboonomicon!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. If you just wish to discuss the four reversed 8s in your Celtic Cross spread, then UTC is the correct forum for that discussion. BUT you cannot list more than half of the cards from a reading in this forum. If you think that the context of the other cards is necessary, then the entire reading needs to be discussed in Your Readings.

In both forums when asking for help with card interpretations, you must provide your own interpretations before others may chime in to try to help you. As you have not done that yet, a response has been hidden. Both forums also require that you provide feedback to each person who posts trying to help you and a general "Thanks" type post is not considered feedback. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the learning goes both ways. But only if feedback is provided.

If you wish to discuss the entire reading, then the thread will be returned to Your Readings. If you wish to just discuss the reversed 8s, then please remove the rest of the reading. Also, there are many variations of the Celtic Cross, so you would need to provide the positional meanings of the version you used.

Other posters, please hold off until Booboonomicon has provided interpretations.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Booboonomicon

Welcome to Aeclectic, Booboonomicon!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. If you just wish to discuss the four reversed 8s in your Celtic Cross spread, then UTC is the correct forum for that discussion. BUT you cannot list more than half of the cards from a reading in this forum. If you think that the context of the other cards is necessary, then the entire reading needs to be discussed in Your Readings.

In both forums when asking for help with card interpretations, you must provide your own interpretations before others may chime in to try to help you. As you have not done that yet, a response has been hidden. Both forums also require that you provide feedback to each person who posts trying to help you and a general "Thanks" type post is not considered feedback. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the learning goes both ways. But only if feedback is provided.

If you wish to discuss the entire reading, then the thread will be returned to Your Readings. If you wish to just discuss the reversed 8s, then please remove the rest of the reading. Also, there are many variations of the Celtic Cross, so you would need to provide the positional meanings of the version you used.

Other posters, please hold off until Booboonomicon has provided interpretations.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Thank you for clarifying the rules. I have removed the latter half of my edited original post in another incorrect forum subsection. Sorry for the trouble, moderators. I'll do my best to post correctly in the future.

rwcarter

Thank you for clarifying the rules. I have removed the latter half of my edited original post in another incorrect forum subsection. Sorry for the trouble, moderators. I'll do my best to post correctly in the future.
Hi again Booboonomicon. Thanks for making those edits. You still have to make a guess at what those reversed 8s mean before others may chime in to provide their thoughts.

Booboonomicon

Wow. Okay...goodness, I normally don't mind sharing my opinion on matters but I guess I'm somewhat intimidated by the knowledgable forum members I've been reading posts from...

I guess all I can honestly say is that I believe the 8's relate to the major arcana Strength card. Are the 4 suits of reversed 8's trying to point out my weaknesses? I somewhat feel these reversed 8's are a warning, as I have a tendency to swing between both meanings of the 8's in each suit depending on my emotional stability. Few things influence my emotional stability; however, in my Celtic Cross spread, my "cross" card was the King of Pentacle which I believe is a representation of my fiance/son's father who has been part of the roller coaster I call romance over the past several years. Anytime I see anything I strongly associate with him I start to thing of my inclination towards mood/stability swings that occur depending on the state of our tumultuous relationship.

This reading that I did that caused me to ask the question was NOT a relationship reading! Just a general inquiry. Thanks.

rwcarter

Hidden response (post 4) has been returned to view.

jolie_amethyst

Going back and looking over my notes for the number eight, I found these keywords I'd copied from somewhere: acceleration, movement, strength, power, regeneration, progress. Getting all four reversed in a general spread to me would signify stagnation affecting all parts of your life, the kind that requires a concerted effort to break free.

With it so all encompassing, I wonder if there's just one action you need to take to shake things up? If so, I suspect it may be a situation you know you should do something about, but haven't been willing to face head on just yet, and with all four suits involved, it's something pretty big and impactful on all facets of your life.

Regardless, it seems that until you figure out how to get out of this stuck feeling, you'll have trouble making progress in any direction. So if what I said above didn't trigger anything, and you don't know right where you need to act to break up the stagnation, I'd suggest doing a reading specifically for advice on what to do next.

Hopefully this helps in some way, and good luck!
~jolie