Ancient Celtic Tarot: I'm talking to a publisher! :D

blackroseivy

Well, he is a 1-man outfit thus far, but would be able to do a MUCH better job than me at promoting the thing, so when I get home I'm going to have proofs printed up & go from there.

Just a little update! :D

truelighth

Ah great news! Let us know how it goes :)

Btw, is this one-man publisher Adam? :) Just curious.

blackroseivy

No, actually - another one whose name is Derek. :D He's new to the board, I think. I'd like to have confidence in his abilities - we will have to wait & see though! ;)

Alissa

That's so exciting for you danubhe! Great to hear of this... I hope everything goes just as smooth as can be!!

blackroseivy

Thanx so much! :D

Moonboy

good luck friend

blackroseivy

We suffered a glitch - Derek (phetish) disappeared for a wee bit - I thought I was being snubbed, BUT it turns out that he had a problem with his e-mail. (Common enough nowadays!!)

We are back on track; he is going to be printing more proofs as of mid-Oct., & by then I should have the deck finished. Then I put the finishing touches on the booklet, hopefully - actually hoping to be done concurrent with the deck. :D

I have heard some negative things about the booklet - but actually, on reflection, considering how much I have written, the overall tone wasn't THAT bad - & I think that a lot of what I wrote is just fine, anyway! :p

I did take a few suggestions here & there, mainly mechanical-type stuff that just improved the overall read of it.

I contained as much history as I feasibly could; however, given that this is merely a pamphlet, really, albiet a long one - I couldn't be but concise in my summations. If you know what I mean. ;)

So, hopefully things will get done soon - I mean to take this coming-up week JUST for working on my deck, to heck with the cleaning, that can wait! ;) - & THEN we'll be talkin'!! :D

Hoping that there are a FEW interested parties out there, anyhoo...

blackroseivy

I just had an epiphany of sorts:

The majority of people just AREN'T into my deck. LARGE majority...

Ah well, I guess that this is often the case, & you just can't please everyone or what would be the point, no? ;)

truelighth

That is true.. you can't please everyone. But you would please me if your deck gets printed :) (I am still on your list I hope :D )

chrisam-crystals

have you got a link to your deck so that nosey old me can have a ganders? :D

jue xx