Anyone still using Symbolon?

catlin

Yes, Luna, the artwork is stunning!!! Maybe I made the mistake that I got my cards together with the huge book written by Peter Orban and giving lots of astrologickal information, so I was intimidated ;)

Ok, I will pull them out once more of the book case and give them another try.

darwinia

lunakasha said:
And sorry darwinia....I love the gold/brown combination, reminds me of autumn foliage! :D

Ewwww. The only way I can work with gold, brown, yellow, or orange, is if they are paired with blue. Blue makes everything right again.

I wonder what that means. . .

lunakasha

darwinia said:
Ewwww. The only way I can work with gold, brown, yellow, or orange, is if they are paired with blue. Blue makes everything right again.

I wonder what that means. . .

Hmmm....would you mean something like this???

http://www.themysticeye.com/pics/engel.htm

I agree....that color combination is amazing!!!

And catlin: Are you saying that there is a Symbolon BOOK out there??? :eek:
I had no idea! Any chance of it being in English??? *crosses fingers*

Thanks!
:) Luna

Namaste

September Pixie said:
I use this spread a lot.. I don't really follow one solid spread for every reading.. I change it upon the person. I like to mix the symbolon with some tarot.. like 6 cards tarot, 6 cards symbolon :)

Thank you so much, September Pixie. It is wonderful to hear from others who have this deck. I was beginning to think that it had been relegated to the back of everyone's closet. LOL

Namaste

lunakasha said:
I did a reading with mine a couple of months ago, and it was yet another "brutally honest" reading like I would expect from the Symbolon! For me, this deck does not pull any punches--it tells me things I may not want to hear, and it does not sugarcoat the answers. Ever. I always try to read intuitively with this deck, and only look in the LWB as a last resort, since many of the card meanings are what I consider quite negative. But I have to say, even though I don't use it as often as I used to, this is still one of my favorites and it never fails to amaze me.

The problem is that I'm not quite sure how to read with this deck. It seems limited to just apply the three card spread suggested by the LWB.

How do you actually read with yours, dear Luna?

Do you just pull one card, have a particular question or layout?

Any help you can give me is very much appreciated. :D

Namaste

lunakasha said:
*blushing* :| Awww.....thanks Pixie! :D

I am glad to have enabled/helped you, hehehe! })

This is IMO one of the coolest, most underrated decks......

It looks like that to me, too, but I just want to be able to use it to its full potential...

Namaste

catlin said:
The Symbolon is a great deck but I have to admit I am still struggling with learning this one. I am not soo much into astrology (I also want to study this more) and somehow I have the feeling without a good thorough knowledge of astrology, I will not be able to handle the Symbolon.

Those were my sentiments, exactly, Catlin. :)

It seems to intimidate me somehow, which only becomes a further challenge I can't turn my back on. LOL

Namaste

lunakasha said:
http://www.themysticeye.com/pics/engel.htm

Are you saying that there is a Symbolon BOOK out there??? :eek:
I had no idea! Any chance of it being in English??? *crosses fingers*

Oh my goodness!!! What a gorgeous deck. I wish I could get one. It is absolutely beautiful.

I heard the book is only in German, Luna.

lunakasha

Namaste said:
The problem is that I'm not quite sure how to read with this deck. It seems limited to just apply the three card spread suggested by the LWB.

How do you actually read with yours, dear Luna?

Do you just pull one card, have a particular question or layout?

Any help you can give me is very much appreciated. :D

Well....I have used it for a daily/advice reading, pulling 1-2 cards, and in that case I started by just looking at the images and trying to get an intuitive feeling, a message from the cards. Depending upon which cards are drawn, and the situation or question at hand, some of the cards are easier to read than others. But if I needed more information, I consulted the LWB and read all three sections....more often than not, one or two sentences jumped out at me, and that was the message. When working with these cards, I try not to get overwhelmed with all the keywords and meanings....I just skim through until something "connects" and that's it. I hope I am explaining this in a way that makes sense....I am not sure sometimes exactly how it works, I just know that it does! :)

And to answer your question about spreads: I have tried different spreads, anything from 3 up to 12 cards. And I read the same way: focus on the images first, then consult the book and take what I can get from it to enhance the reading. I found it helpful to jot down these messages during the readings, so I could go back later and review my "notes"....

Hope this is helpful in some way.....I do wish there was a more comprehensive book available (in English) but glad I figured out a method that works for me.

catlin

@Luna, infact there are 2 books out to go to the Symolon and both are in German as far as I know. I will check and see if I can find a trace of an English translation.

Here is the promised link from Peter Orban, you have to scroll down a bit and there is a free German download of the Symbolon booklet, so maybe you can pass it through a translation program and gather some more information. http://www.symbolon.de/INDEX_M.HTM

And BTW before any of you go ecstatic or lunatic or whatever about the Engeltarot by Hanslian, sorry, guys, OOP.