As of yet untitled deck

GryffinSong

I LOVE these!!! If I might suggest that another font would compliment your work better, but other than that I'm already a big fan!!! :) I'm really looking forward to seeing this develop!!!

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
I LOVE these!!! If I might suggest that another font would compliment your work better, but other than that I'm already a big fan!!! :) I'm really looking forward to seeing this develop!!!
Oh the irony. You quilt and love greyhounds so you and my grandmother would get along great, but I'm sure if she saw these my grandmother would... well, not have a positive reaction.

Haha anywho;
I have loads of fonts, but most of them are for personal use only. I don't plan on going commercial, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes either.

What kind of font would you suggest? I'm using "Cloister" right now.

GryffinSong

Yeah, well, I also like Metallica. ;)

ETA: Will look at fonts and give some suggestions that might work well. But I have to tell you that we're going to demand you sell this deck so we can share it!!! LOL

GryffinSong

Ok, here's a few from Photoshop, just off the top of my head ... I kind of like the Matisse ITC with your work, but would have to actually see it on a card to have a strong opinion. If you have Photoshop, any font you use in your work is yours to do with as you wish. Pros all tend to use Photoshop, and I use it to put text on my shirts.

Attachments

• fonts.jpg
    fonts.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
Yeah, well, I also like Metallica. ;)

ETA: Will look at fonts and give some suggestions that might work well. But I have to tell you that we're going to demand you sell this deck so we can share it!!! LOL

I doubt there'll be much demand for it, and I'll feel bad if I charged for it. I CAN put all the images in a .zip file and email it to you as an attachment if you like. :D

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
Ok, here's a few from Photoshop, just off the top of my head ... I kind of like the Matisse ITC with your work, but would have to actually see it on a card to have a strong opinion. If you have Photoshop, any font you use in your work is yours to do with as you wish. Pros all tend to use Photoshop, and I use it to put text on my shirts.
I see where you're going. With like handwriting type fonts? I should have a few of those out and about, but I can look some more. When I get to it (probably later tomorrow) I can get a sample, plop them all on the IO Ace, upload them to a seperate album, and give you the link.

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
I doubt there'll be much demand for it, and I'll feel bad if I charged for it. I CAN put all the images in a .zip file and email it to you as an attachment if you like. :D

That would be totally awesome!!! But don't make any decisions yet. You'll quickly find out if there's interest from the folks here. I could be a reviewer though, and THEN you could sell them!!! ;)

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
That would be totally awesome!!! But don't make any decisions yet. You'll quickly find out if there's interest from the folks here. I could be a reviewer though, and THEN you could sell them!!! ;)
You definitely get a free copy nonetheless.

GryffinSong

Yeah, to me the cloisters font is simply too formal for your cards. Your style is edgy and tough and cute. Cloisters is all uptight and formal. Not at all the right tone in my opinion.

When I was designing shirts for the greyhound crowd I did a lot of loose sketches. I experimented with a lot of different fonts and found that my images looked very different with the different type faces. It's worth spending some time experimenting. Especially if your deck catches the fancy of the AT crowd, as I suspect it might. :)

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
You definitely get a free copy nonetheless.

Oh, you're so sweet!!! :) Thank you!!!