Barefoot Readings?

Littlerosie

Was just wondering am I the only "Oddball" that likes to read sitting on the floor barefoot? No particular reason it's just comfy for me!!! Any others out there?

Eyebright

Unless I can help it I always like to go bare feet! Only times I don't is if I'm at work, or out of the house in town for example. I like to read bare foot, sat on my bed. That's where I'm most comfortble :D

RexMalaki

...and here I thought going barefoot was a southeastern US kind of thing!

but seriously the bottoms of the feet are an energy transfer site.

MissJo

Barefoot? Why stop there? Hell, I'm about to do a reading naked! :D

Aset

I'm with MissJo LOL. I don't know that I've ever even done a reading with shoes on.

KMilliron

Currently reading a book about running barefoot and all of its benefits. I'd give you the full title and author, but I'm too lazy to go find it. Basically the Earth is charged at 7.83 units (cannot remember what unit it is... not at the top of my game atm) and due to cell phones, satelites, wifi, etc there's a charge in the air that we humans build up. This can cause stress among other issues. The best way to release this stress is to stand outside barefoot.

The book has many other exmaples (nerve endings, balance, awareness, etc) about why it's better to be barefoot. I'm sure the energy flow idea can tie into tarot as well.

I haven't been barefoot in a while. My room floods on a regular basis, and any movement upstairs causes an onslaught of dust to fall from my ceiling. Moving out soon, hopefully where I can (and most definitely will) spend a good majority of my time barefoot.

Disa

I'm usually barefoot. Only wear shoes when required - like at work and in stores, etc. Probably most of my readings have been done without shoes (at home or in other people's homes). I don't usually sit in the floor anymore, though- just on the couch with a giant coffee table in front of me.

carley124

My feet tend to freeze and they turn blue when they do. The *smart* thing to do to prevent this is wear shoes or socks to keep them warm. But if I'm not already wearing shoes, I don't bother to put them on. So, yes, I read barefoot. Not every time but I don't make a conscious effort to put shoes on/off just to read more comfortably. I'm comfortable either way; I'm just a fan of saving energy (read: lazy).

I sit on my floor, too, with my back against my bedroom door. That way, no one can come in and bug me since they can't get in.

SloughSister

I hadn't thought about it, really. Like Eyebright, I like to read in the big space of our bed with kitties and doggies around. That usually means barefoot by default - all of that does make me more comfortable, which I think makes readings go a little more easily.

Aladdin

This is interesting because i'd never thought about it before.
Almost all my readings are practised in the early hours when i pad around upstairs barefoot.
Whether energies transmit better when encumbered with cheap quality aged nylon pyle carpets, frankly i haven't a clue.