Baroque Bohemian Cats 1st ed vs 2nd ed. question

jolie_amethyst

Karen, these side by side shots are HUGELY helpful. Now I know I prefer the 2nd version overall, so I won't spend my money on the 3rd. :)

Nica

I have the 3rd Edition, but I was expecting to get the borders from the 1st edition when I bought it. I will probably acquire the 1st edition sometime in the next couple of years. It's so lovely!

I wonder if people who have the 1st edition prefer it over the pocket edition?

gregory

I have the 3rd Edition, but I was expecting to get the borders from the 1st edition when I bought it. I will probably acquire the 1st edition sometime in the next couple of years. It's so lovely!

I wonder if people who have the 1st edition prefer it over the pocket edition?
Yes they do.

Well I do :D

Gulliver

The dress color she's talking about is the 2 of Swords, it's not the Queen.
I think the dress color looks really nice in either blue or yellow.
I was never bothered by the change. I did like the change of the wheel
of fortune card. Never understood the original version with the mirror, etc.
I love the reader card so it was great to see it used in the Wheel cards spot.

Oh yes, it's the 2 of swords, you are right, Karen!

swedishfish612

Do you all think the Gold version is the rarest, or the 1st edition with borders? Are they similar in value?

karen0205

Do you all think the Gold version is the rarest, or the 1st edition with borders? Are they similar in value?
The BBCats gold was a limited edition of 500 decks. The BBCats first edition deck was not a limited edition.
MRP never tells the quantity of their printings but I bet at least 2000 on the BBCats first edition.
They are not the same price when you try to buy them now. The BBCats Gold is about $250 or more.
You can pick up the BBCats first set for about $100-$150. I see these all the time.
NOT that there aren't exceptions, I'm sure if you watched you might be able to find them for less.
These are average prices I see them selling for.

swedishfish612

The BBCats gold was a limited edition of 500 decks. The BBCats first edition deck was not a limited edition.
MRP never tells the quantity of their printings but I bet at least 2000 on the BBCats first edition.
They are not the same price when you try to buy them now. The BBCats Gold is about $250 or more.
You can pick up the BBCats first set for about $100-$150. I see these all the time.
NOT that there aren't exceptions, I'm sure if you watched you might be able to find them for less.
These are average prices I see them selling for.

Good to know. I definitely want to hunt down the 1st edition at some point, when all my money isn't going into our new house! lol