Beautiful Creatures Tarot!

3ill.yazi

Keane is a Jehovah's Witness, I doubt she would be interested in painting a tarot deck. And I like her stuff, but it's rather samey-samey too. Big eyed children looking sad, or with her recent work, often happy, but not a lot of variation.

True enough on her religion, but I found her artwork did vary over her career, and some of it got fairly dark/odd at times. I doubt she would do it, too, but I was just fantasizing about tarot decks using existing art....

4163c5b249aad03fda7c260293dcaece.jpg

Laura Borealis

Oh man, I had forgotten about that one. I wonder what was going through her mind? Now that I think of it, she did quite a few unusual paintings. Here's another, I think this one appeared in the movie...

Attachments

• big eyed margaret.jpg
    big eyed margaret.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 195

Miss Divine

Ugh I am such a sucker! I had ordered this and cancelled, only to order it again this evening... After seeing a deck reveal and review up on youtube. They're adorable! I know it won't be my go to deck, and never will be. But like I said I am a sucker and I fell in love with the artwork, so yeah I caved. I am weaK yes I know. :D

Le Fanu

I think what makes this upsurge of renewed interest in big-eyed, dewey-eyed big-headed retro-70s artwork is that it has been transmuted into a more sinister 21st century feel. That's what's to like. The Ceccoli has a bit of this and - perhaps my favourite - Mark Ryden. His images are masterpieces and really bring added depths to the genre.

I'm afraid Becket-Griffiths' artwork doesn't bring any depth to this genre. Not for me anyway. And even if it did, after three or so decks it would be wearing thin. There's no comparison betwen her artwork and what Ryden and Ceccoli are doing. It's the wrong sort of girly. They run rings round what she's doing.

WhiteWolfy

I caved in and bought the deck... I love Jasmine's work so even if it is just in my collection and i never read with it so be it lol!

Miss Divine

I'm afraid Becket-Griffiths' artwork doesn't bring any depth to this genre. Not for me anyway. And even if it did, after three or so decks it would be wearing thin. There's no comparison betwen her artwork and what Ryden and Ceccoli are doing. It's the wrong sort of girly. They run rings round what she's doing.

I agree it cannot be compared with Ryden and/or Ceccoli. They have a totally different vibe. But the reason I want it is because I think the art is adorable. And in my opinion this is a real girly deck. :D So I quite understand why you wouldn't be interested in purchasing this deck Le Fanu. :D

Miss Divine

I caved in and bought the deck... I love Jasmine's work so even if it is just in my collection and i never read with it so be it lol!

~deleted~

Miss Divine

And again I cancelled my order. Reason is the poor quality cardstock. I will not be re-ordering this deck again!

gregory

And again I cancelled my order. Reason is the poor quality cardstock. I will not be re-ordering this deck again!
Has someone actually SEEN the deck ? How do we know about the cardstock - did I miss something ? It is still showing as issuing on 13 March 2015.

Miss Divine

Has someone actually SEEN the deck ? How do we know about the cardstock - did I miss something ? It is still showing as issuing on 13 March 2015.

Yes, there are several deck reveals up on youtube!