Beginner to Tarot

Deana86

BTW Deana86, that is normal. No 2 readers' interpretations or meaning for a particular card are identical. It's something you see here on AT over and over. When someone asks what a card means, no 2 readers have the identical meaning.

Yes, it is something everyone goes through and it is the way things are supposed to work. I hope that never changes for you as it means you are connection to who you are inside and your intuition. A lot of Tarot meaning also comes from intuition too. And no 2 people's work exactly the same. Not to mention that your own may not tell you the exact same thing each time. You have to "feel" the answer to some extent.

I still do believe you need some set meanings to start out the readings. But you are free to make them your own. I've even invented some of the ones I use.

The way I see it Tarot is not a math or a science where things are set and each person should get the same answer in the same way.

It's more like an artform. Like painting or creating a sculpture. You can learn from people with experience different techniques and what means what. But then you have to break out on your own and find your own way to express what is inside you. When you want to be an artist, you don't copy someone else's work exactly. It's about maybe experimenting and finding new ways to access and express what is inside you and let it out into the world. Tarot is a tool to do that. That's how i see it.

Also, when you do research a card meaning, even then different sources can give quite different answers. Which to me, just goes to show that there is no ONE right answer.

To me what's important is more if your meanings when they come up for you are helpful and meaningful. If so then it's working for you.

Those are my thoughts....

Babs
Thanks SunChariot, that was really helpful and reassuring.