Bit perplexed RWD

ScorpioRegen

OK....Im confused, I have 2 RWD only because I thought id lost my old one been with me for 12yrs now...any way as it goes the old RWD turns up on the day before my new RWD arrives.So I put the new deck away for some months as the older deck has more 'energy' and 'affinity' as its been through the same shit I have over the years! Anyway.....yes you guessed it I couldnt then find the old deck so had to break out the new deck.

I dont know if anyone else gets this but for some reason on a newdeck I always get the best reading and im talking shuffling out of the packet whilst still in order. The first question I ask is how am I and (you)the newdeck going to get along before asking anything else. I have found for me that this works and kind of clears the deck if you know what i mean.

Ok onto the perplexity....I have since found the other deck so now have both versions of the RWD....but my new deck works better with me than my old deck? why is that? Ive cleared both decks and washed the cards.

Why is my oldest deck holding back on me? has anyone else had this experience?

Im personally drawn to my old deck and wish it would open up to me again...is it me putting things in the way that dont need to be there or what?

SunChariot

OK....Im confused, I have 2 RWD only because I thought id lost my old one been with me for 12yrs now...any way as it goes the old RWD turns up on the day before my new RWD arrives.So I put the new deck away for some months as the older deck has more 'energy' and 'affinity' as its been through the same shit I have over the years! Anyway.....yes you guessed it I couldnt then find the old deck so had to break out the new deck.

I dont know if anyone else gets this but for some reason on a newdeck I always get the best reading and im talking shuffling out of the packet whilst still in order. The first question I ask is how am I and (you)the newdeck going to get along before asking anything else. I have found for me that this works and kind of clears the deck if you know what i mean.

Ok onto the perplexity....I have since found the other deck so now have both versions of the RWD....but my new deck works better with me than my old deck? why is that? Ive cleared both decks and washed the cards.

Why is my oldest deck holding back on me? has anyone else had this experience?

Im personally drawn to my old deck and wish it would open up to me again...is it me putting things in the way that dont need to be there or what?

My belief, and I am sure beliefs differ on this, is that decks don't open up to us. WE open up to them. Again my belief...the cards are just painted cardboard and the magic that comes out in the reading is inside us, the cards are just a tool that allows us to bring it out.

In short, I don't believe decks need to be cleared or that the deck is holding out on you. I believe it's all in the thoughts you are choosing when you pick up the deck to read with it.

We read better when we are calm. The calmer we feel inside the better we read. If we tell ourselves something that makes us nervous in any way the reading will not go as well. If you felt any concern or wondered if the deck would read as well once you found it again, those thoughts are enough to make it not read as well for you. If this happened once or twice and you got the idea in your head that it was not reading as well, that is enough to make it happen again for as long as you tell yourself that.

That is, to me, what I imagine much have happened. The ways I see things it's not a question of purging the deck of negative energy as purging your mind of any negative or worrisome thoughts. I find meditation works very well for that. :grin:

For me personally, no. I don't find I get any better readings with a new deck. All my decks read the same for me. I've met a few decks that didn't read well for me, but gave them away. But of my 118 decks, the age of them makes not difference. A deck that once reads well for me will continue to, in my experience.

Babs

nisaba

Ok onto the perplexity....I have since found the other deck so now have both versions of the RWD....but my new deck works better with me than my old deck? why is that?

Simple. Because it's time to use it.

nisaba

Why is my oldest deck holding back on me?

It isn't. It just wants to retire, or at least have a rest.

Exactly. That's pretty much an issue with you clinging to the past, and nothing to do with the effectiveness of the decks. Move on. Grow, develop. Enjoy life.

rylla

It could be. Maybe your experience with these decks reflect your thoughts, concerns, dilemma. I share SunChariot's view on this topic.

ScorpioRegen

Hmmm, definately food for thought in the advice given here. I think I need to think about my appraoch to it mentally without over analyising! geeese! this is a tough one for me or maybe I need to not think about it at all! :D

The advice definately leads me to think I am over analyising. Its interesting about new decks though as Im more excited in my approach to it. Its also hard as you cant maufacture your mood and approach.Well I cant and I suspect the tarot sees right through you anyway!

EmpyreanKnight

I'm glad to see that you have finally decided not to look at a gift horse in the mouth, and just be happy you found a deck you could work so well with. Hope to see you in the Readings Exchange formus, once I decide to wade in its waters. :)

Farzon

I also think it's more inside yourself... and I can completely understand your affection towards your old deck!

If you want to use it, by all means, do so! Use it for a week or so for daily drawings, that should do the job. And habe you considered putting it in order again like it was new? Just an idea...

Wait a moment... you WASHED it?! [emoji15]

ScorpioRegen

I And habe you considered putting it in order again like it was new? Just an idea...
I really like that idea! Thank Q

Wait a moment... you WASHED it?! [emoji15]
LOL, your sense of humour is ace hope you are well buddy :)

ScorpioRegen

I'm glad to see that you have finally decided not to look at a gift horse in the mouth, and just be happy you found a deck you could work so well with. Hope to see you in the Readings Exchange formus, once I decide to wade in its waters. :)

I certainly have straightened this out in my head after advice given here and its sort of bridged a gap in my psyche! work in progress mind......it always is! would be good to see you in the forums too :)