Bite Sized Learning

hunter

Do any of you sometimes buy an oracle deck as an introduction into learning something new, in bite sized pieces?

I recently bought Karma cards to learn about astrology. The spreads are a bit confusing, so I'm just picking a card a day and reading the book. It makes more sense to me that way. So I'm introduced to, or review a house, planet or sun sign each day.

Tree Magick just came in the mail today. It's a nice introduction to 52 trees. I think I'm going to try and do a tree a week and google about each one, and hopefully be able to recognize each tree when I see it. Last summer, I so wanted to know the names of the trees I was seeing in the parks and along the streets.

I'd love to hear what decks others have used or purchased specifically to learn about a new topic. Especially topics that help in spell casting, doing rituals and interacting with nature.

cardlady22

:laugh: I think it would be easier to tell you the ones that I didn't buy with the intent to learn something new!

My gemstone/crystal-based oracles were the first though. I enjoyed each and every one in its turn; then started collecting pendant photos from a catalog to use for focus points and/or memory triggers.

vanity

Oh that's interesting! If anything less, a good hobby. I didn't buy my Clow Cards with the intent of learning the art style or anything. I'm just drawn to them. I am boring, haha.