BLUE BIRD LENORMAND.....It's Coming!

Philippe

Thank you Daveluy and Geûens for permitting mass market producers to recycle old ideas.

greatdane

While I know often we would prefer change here or there

Once a deck is out, published, I know it's no easy job to just change it. I don't think USG does small print runs.

IF there should be a reprinting of it in the future, I am sure USG will remember these comments though.

I know often there are those of us who would like choices or something different. No one ever agrees on everything about every deck. There are some decks some of us find just right, others we like in spite of some things, others we don't like. In the end, it's just which do we like well enough to use or collect.

As I mentioned, I am NOT a fan of inserts, so given my druthers, I would have been happy with JUST the images, no inserts at all, yet I get it was done to, if not BECOME the Blue Owl, but to help fill the niche for that deck, so I get why it was done the way it was.

Right now, I would rather see a deck I'm waiting for to come out next, then to wait to see a redo of this one anytime soon. But the great thing about comments is that I know they are read by those who should read them and one never knows what the future will hold re a deck.

IHeartRescues

Hi gd

Yes I realize that this was most probably a very large print-run. I feel it's best to state perceived flaws and problems in working w/ a deck, as early as possible tho, to give publisher more time to consider.

I do prefer the more painterly renditions like the BB, Piatnik and Alone's Vision, etc*

Astrea thank you :) And re options like other decks have, that would be very nice too bc we are a very picky bunch! lol

* eta: goodness! I forgot the Dondorf is a very lovely deck as well (in a "painterly" kinda way lol gd ;))

greatdane

I like the word Painterly, IHR :)

That is part of what makes this deck special to me, it looks old, well thought out, and it blends.

What works for one reader, doesn't as much for another. We all have what rings our reading bells, both deck by deck and card by card.

What some see as minuses, others see as pluses and vice versa.

I am interested to watch as opinions unfold as more and more get the deck.

That's a fun part of the ride of a new deck, reading what everyone has to say.

lightpers

I am surprised that Blue Bird Lenormand has instock in my local online cartomancy decks store, so i grab it as soon as i can and start free readings in the study group and they like it, the answer seems so directly shown in the cards! In a strange way i love how this deck's artworks, it seems works for me even though there are some cards are not traditionally correct as stated by above / previous my post in here but it works well for me. The cards are absolutely beautiful with cute bird as the packaging box and the back looks fabolous.

The cards are not white type-ex / correction pen's white but it is vintage white almost grayish scale of beige color or broken white which works a lot as the artworks/ engravings/ illustrations seemed to be vintage. It shuffles smoothly.

Out of topic but i can find the similarities between this deck and Daveluy that TJ shared, might grab that one too someday LOL

greatdane

Lightpers

That's it about this deck. I just kind of works for me. There's just something kind of magical about it. It's more than the sum of it's parts. It's like what I wouldn't want in another deck, I like in this one (inserts). It just has a charm of it's own to me.

How great you got good readings right out of the box!

Le Fanu

I asked before but nobody answered - can anyone tell me how big this deck is? Either the measurements or if it is the same size as another familiar deck? Is it more playing card size than Blue Owl?

Cocobird55

I don't have anything to measure it with, but it looks like the typical size for a Lenormand.

Le Fanu

I don't have anything to measure it with, but it looks like the typical size for a Lenormand.
Thanks for that. So not excessively large as some recent publications have been.

Cocobird55

Definitely not large at all.