Blue Box Rider Waite RWS

Le Fanu

Nice. It is an early reprint! And I've noticed the same about the extra cards (nerd alert). Later printings do come with the advertising card instead of two blanks. I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that the tuckbox came first.

I'm quite excited, too, because I have a blue tuckbox Rider on the way including the instruction booklet. I'm eager to have a look at that as well and see if I can learn more.

Ahhh, I love a vintage Rider...
Do post your thoughts when you get it! I love all these telling details. I thought the fact that there were two plain extra cards significant...

Bhavana

As for it being 'desirable'; it depends what you want it for. If you want it as a reading deck then I'd say that one isn't any more desirable than another.
Do you want it as a collectors piece or to read with?
I'd say that either way one is not more desirable than another because they are all beautiful, vintage decks.
Mine has marks on the backs of a few cards and they're not perfect because they are old and they've been loved.

There is also a blue box version by Rider which is titled 'The Travellers Tarot'... Same blue box, same cards.

This blue box Travellers Tarot - it's a mini deck? Do you know the approx size? I have a friend who got a box from his aunt, he heard I collect, and wants $20 for them.

gregory

If that IS a mini and it really is a blue box, labelled traveller's tarot, I think - but blue box anyway, and you don't want it I will CERTAINLY pay even £20 (as in sterling rather than bucks) for them, she said hopefully. It is sort of about half the size of a regular....

I will I will I will....

WANTS !

Sulis

The blue box deck that I saw that was a 'Traveller's Tarot' was exactly the same size as the regular blue box RWS deck - not a mini deck at all.

gregory

The blue box deck that I saw that was a 'Traveller's Tarot' was exactly the same size as the regular blue box RWS deck - not a mini deck at all.

Really ? I never saw that one.... But I have an ordinary blue box, so I will live without that ! I WOULD like to get hold of the mini blue box though.

coredil

The cards of the Traveller's Tarot have exactly the same size as the cards of a regular Miniature Rider Waite deck.
The two parts Blue Box is a little bit larger than the yellow box of the mini.
Besides of the title, the Blue Box of the Traveller's looks quite similar to a regular Blue Box.
In the meantime I could get a copy of the Traveller's with a blushing fool, two extra blank cards and no copyright on the cards.

Bhavana

working out the details. This guy who has the deck is over a 2 hour drive, he wants CASH only. I'd be tempted, but it's been a really bad week. I am trying to convince him to ship it to me.

Abrac

I'd say they're very similar to the blue box. It's a nice version. :)