Bonefire Tarot- From Schiffer Publishing.

Laura Borealis

How's the cardstock? Are they laminated like the Mary-el?

Le Fanu

For you Le Fanu I have separated the cards where males appear:

The 4 Kings and the 4 knights

2 and 4 of coins

4,6,7,9 of wands

2,5,8,9 of cups

5,7,10 of swords

In the majors: I, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, XII, XIX

And I don't feel it's a feminine deck. It has a "pirate" feel.
thank you Michellehihi! That's so sweet of you! Really appreciate it. That's 30 cards. Fairly balanced I think. I ended up ordering it and am expecting it from the Book Depository. But now this thing of two titles - image and border - has got me thinking and might irritate me! Even so, I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

prudence

Le Fanu,

The titles that are within the painted images are not very prominent, I don't think they will distract you. And some folks have trimmed this deck very beautifully. Also, I wouldn't ever think of this deck as feminine, it never even occurred to me until you asked. It's really the hands that are prominent! I adore the hands in certain cards, the way they are almost coming at you, the way they are so detailed and strong, whether on a male or a female, I love how Gabbi depicts hands. Weird, but true.

Michellehihi

Le Fanu,

The titles that are within the painted images are not very prominent, I don't think they will distract you. And some folks have trimmed this deck very beautifully. Also, I wouldn't ever think of this deck as feminine, it never even occurred to me until you asked. It's really the hands that are prominent! I adore the hands in certain cards, the way they are almost coming at you, the way they are so detailed and strong, whether on a male or a female, I love how Gabbi depicts hands. Weird, but true.

Look, I have started trimming it! All that is left is to round the bottom corners. And the funny thing is that I will keep the smalle cut edges with the titles, they look like I-ching sticks but with tarot cards names! How cool is that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 183

Laura Borealis

It looks fabulous trimmed! Good work! Good deck too. I have the app and love it.

MissChiff

Look, I have started trimming it! All that is left is to round the bottom corners. And the funny thing is that I will keep the smalle cut edges with the titles, they look like I-ching sticks but with tarot cards names! How cool is that?

They turned out really nice..did you color the edges??

decan

Noooo, I'm still waiting!! ��
:bugeyed: How it is that!
I received my second copy yesterday (to have one trimmed and another one regular).
(...)And I don't feel it's a feminine deck. It has a "pirate" feel.
Yes, I agree. There is a "rebel" side with this deck.
Actually it is a deck very different from the other decks and it is possible not everyone loves it for this reason, but curiously it follows the Rider Waite struture closely (maybe with one or two variations concerning a few cards, but it's marginal).
Concerning male and female in this deck, the Knight of Cups is a male but the way it is depicted he could be a female; the Queen of Wands is a female but when we look at her she has a male side. On the 4 of Wands there are 2 female teenagers but one looks a boy (in my opinion).