Book Depository shipments arrive damaged!!!!

tarot heart

Hi Aters,

Packages from Book Depository lately are arriving with the contents damaged! I ordered a couple of decks and the boxes arrive all beat up with the contents spillied all over the inside with cards bent, etc, etc. One deck I ordered arrived as a mini-deck. I doulble checked the website description and there was no mention of the deck being a mini version! Another order which supposedly shipped in December is still not here.

What's going on with this seller? Is anyone else having trouble or am I just the lucky one? :(

ETA: I don't know how I got this into the trading forum, I thought I was in Talking Tarot. Moderators could you please fix my error? See how upset I am?!!! LOL! :)

Cassandra022

the aquarian that took so long coming from them that i ended up getting another of was from their amazon marketplace account actually. um, their costumer service said (when i emailed to complain and such) that it was because they mailed in from UK warehouse (even though amazon desc said deleware, i wouldnt have ordered it had i known it was coming from uk lol) and that US was hardcore screening international mail and that was why it took so long. if this story is indeed the case, possibly that might be responsible for rough handling of your packages?

dunno, my deck did come eventually so having mixed feelings about how i should feel about them. i'm curious to see how long the package i ordered from nicole in singapore will take to arrive, comparatively.

anyway, i'm sorry your stuff came not as you wanted. can you get refund/replacement?

avalonian

I order from Book Depository on a regular basis. The only time I had a problem was when a CD arrived broken. They sent an immediate replacement and were extremely apologetic.

I would contact them and see what they say, especially regarding the mini-deck, it may be that the description on the website needs to be updated.

:) :) :)

Sulis

The Book Depository is a UK based company so I would think that the shipments come from the UK.

Tarot Heart have you contacted them to see what they have to say?

Aerin

The post was crazy over Christmas - I had packages arrive over a month later that usually take a few days (from US, usually 8 days; from Europe, usually 4 days).

I seem to remember stories about US Customs being much harder on packages than usual so it may well be the overseas post.

Airmail UK/US usually takes just over a week if everything runs smoothly I find. If customs get involved then all bets are off.

tarot heart

Cassandra022 said:
the aquarian that took so long coming from them that i ended up getting another of was from their amazon marketplace account actually. um, their costumer service said (when i emailed to complain and such) that it was because they mailed in from UK warehouse (even though amazon desc said deleware, i wouldnt have ordered it had i known it was coming from uk lol) and that US was hardcore screening international mail and that was why it took so long. if this story is indeed the case, possibly that might be responsible for rough handling of your packages?

dunno, my deck did come eventually so having mixed feelings about how i should feel about them. i'm curious to see how long the package i ordered from nicole in singapore will take to arrive, comparatively.

anyway, i'm sorry your stuff came not as you wanted. can you get refund/replacement?

Well, I sent them an email on Saturday and still have not heard from them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

gregory

Sulis said:
The Book Depository is a UK based company so I would think that the shipments come from the UK.

Tarot Heart have you contacted them to see what they have to say?
They do have international sites and distributors, and the prices differ markedly... a few Australian viewers here will be particularly aware ! ("It depends on local preferences what we sell, and at what prices in various countries.")

But I have NEVER had a real problem, and the one time a book was mislisted by the PUBLISHER, and I was not happy, they sent me a replacement AND said I could just keep the other at their expense ! There is a link on the site for returns, and they pay postage.

Le Fanu

In every single case that I have had problems with the BD (maybe 3 times?), they have sent me an immediate replacement, and I haven't had to return the damaged product. No questions asked. Their service on issues like this is second to none. Write to them again. I promise you, once they know of your situation they will act quickly.

They once sent me 3 copies of the Convos Marseilles (which was particularly terrifying) since the isbn was wrongly listed and it had been confused with the US Games Dodal (which I had seen listed and ordered). Every time I complained they said "ah..OK.. we see the problem. We'll send you another deck" and I got another Convos.

I checked the other day. They still haven't amended their error, so anyone who orders what they think is the U.S Games Dodal will get the terrifying Convos. Not a nice thing to wake up to.

autumn star

tarot heart said:
Hi Aters,

Packages from Book Depository lately are arriving with the contents damaged! I ordered a couple of decks and the boxes arrive all beat up with the contents spillied all over the inside with cards bent, etc, etc. One deck I ordered arrived as a mini-deck. I doulble checked the website description and there was no mention of the deck being a mini version! Another order which supposedly shipped in December is still not here.

What's going on with this seller? Is anyone else having trouble or am I just the lucky one? :(

ETA: I don't know how I got this into the trading forum, I thought I was in Talking Tarot. Moderators could you please fix my error? See how upset I am?!!! LOL! :)

I have a similar situation with the Book Depository too. I made a order with them just before christmas and it's still not here :( I have kind of given up hope of it ever arriving - it's been longer than a month now. Usually, mail from the UK or US arrives here within a four week period - a month is the longest I have ever had to wait for an order - the average would be 10 - 14 days. I think I may contact them if it's not here soon.

IheartTarot

I order from BD UK regularly and they can't be beat in terms of price and speed. Even if BD US is cheaper it is not worth my while the extra time it will take, USPS mail usually takes 6-8 weeks to get here vs 1-2 weeks from anywhere else in the world (not taking into account volcanoes and heavy snow).

That said, my only complaint with BD is their packaging. It is not robust enough and my books often get squashed in my postbox (if they can fit it in they will otherwise they have to write out a slip for me to collect which is more work for the post office).

I did order a book and deck kit in a box from them once and they used a firm parcel for a change, but the books are still a problem.

However, the light packaging could be the reason they are not flagged by customs unlike amazon which is guaranteed to be nailed. :D