Book of Law Study Group 1.63

Aeon418

Song - Air

Burn - Fire

Wear - Earth

Drink - Water

Grigori

Ah nifty, thanks Aeon :)

I just noticed reading this that Nuit loves us twice. She loves us and she loves us. I wonder if this is reminiscent of the two types of love, does Nuit offer both of these? Serpents and Doves?

Reading over the first chapter again I'm noticing how often the word love appears, 19 loves, and a couple of lovely or lovers to boot. By contrast the word love appears very rarely in the rest of the BoL. I'm looking forward to starting on the next chapters to see how they compare to this one!

ravenest

If I may break the line of thought a little here.

I feel to thank and congratulate you S. Not many people are able to organise such a discussion on BoL and get this far (without a lot of dead bodies lying around :laugh: )

Gosh! Only 2 lines left !

ravenest

What is this rapturous love song?

22. Let the Aspirant prepare a lovesong of rapture unto the Goddess, or let him be inspired by Her unto this.
This is the sixth practice of Magick Art (ccxx, I:63). (liber Nv)

It looks like we 'compose' it 'ourselves'. get to work all you musicians out there!

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
If I may break the line of thought a little here.

I feel to thank and congratulate you S. Not many people are able to organise such a discussion on BoL and get this far (without a lot of dead bodies lying around :laugh: )

Gosh! Only 2 lines left !

I've been thinking about this also Similia. You and AT have created a nice comfortable and healthy place where we can have wonderful discusions, not only in this study but throughout the Thoth and Golden Dawn forum.

AW

Grigori

Aww thanks guys. :love: I'm enjoying and learning a lot from these threads and really glad others can benefit also. We've been running for about 9 months now, so looking forward to seeing where we are in another 18! But do get back on topic or I'll smite ya ;) LOL

Ravenest said:
What is this rapturous love song?

22. Let the Aspirant prepare a lovesong of rapture unto the Goddess, or let him be inspired by Her unto this.
This is the sixth practice of Magick Art (ccxx, I:63). (liber Nv)

It looks like we 'compose' it 'ourselves'. get to work all you musicians out there!

Its interesting that you post this today Ravenest. I've been thinking a lot about music the last 48 hours. I'm someone who used to spend a lot of their time singing, not much of a singer, but I enjoyed it a lot. The last year or so has been very busy for me, and I've stopped singing. Can't remember the last time I just played around the house and sang. Instead I look forward to a few minutes of blissful silence. In a way, its a loss of "Joy" for me to have stopped singing.

I've been thinking about it the last couple of days and wondering how I would feel to crank up the stereo in my usually silent and peaceful temple space and just sing for the Joy of it. In a way it felt like something that should be avoided, something that would disturb the peace of the little sanctuary I've created. But I really like this idea of singing to Nuit. I can't imagine she'd mind that I crack out some bad Jamie Cullum karaoke (got one of his songs stuck in my head today). They're all songs of love after all :) And it would do my little spark of Hadit/Heart some good too.

Aeon418

similia said:
I see the reference to the four elements as an instruction to use all parts of the self in worship.
similia said:
I just noticed reading this that Nuit loves us twice. She loves us and she loves us. I wonder if this is reminiscent of the two types of love, does Nuit offer both of these? Serpents and Doves?
She also says "to me" quite a bit. To Me = 418.
As we aspire upward via the path of Samekh, she reaches down the path of Gimel. (This is symbolised by the bows in each card.) Maybe she is the Dove, and we are the Serpent.

With this in mind take a look at the hexagram in your sparkling brand new copy of, Initiation in the Aeon of the Child. In particular the Hebrew letters in each corner of the triangles and the two names in the centre.
The name MShICh might make more sense after you've read chapter 5.
NChSh is the Serpent.
similia said:
I'm looking forward to starting on the next chapters to see how they compare to this one
The next chapter is a completely different point of view. Almost contradictory in some repects. But the truth (child) is made manifest by the balanced union of opposites.

Always Wondering

similia said:
I've been thinking about it the last couple of days and wondering how I would feel to crank up the stereo in my usually silent and peaceful temple space and just sing for the Joy of it. In a way it felt like something that should be avoided, something that would disturb the peace of the little sanctuary I've created. But I really like this idea of singing to Nuit. I can't imagine she'd mind that I crack out some bad Jamie Cullum karaoke (got one of his songs stuck in my head today). They're all songs of love after all :) And it would do my little spark of Hadit/Heart some good too.

I sing and dance sometimes and it does do my heart good.
But my temple is probably not so peaceful and quiet as yours.
And mine's multi-use.

AW

ravenest

similia said:
I can't imagine she'd mind that I crack out some bad Jamie Cullum karaoke (got one of his songs stuck in my head today). They're all songs of love after all :) And it would do my little spark of Hadit/Heart some good too.

Sure ... Just like Christian rock changed all the 'babies' to 'Jesus'. Just change all the 'babies' to Nuits. :laugh: (Not sure 'bout no ho rappin tho bro)