Booked my first professional PARTY!

afrosaxon

Oh my GAWWWWWWWWWWD! :bugeyed:

A lady called me as a referral from the shop where I read. She wanted a professional tarot reader for her annual Mardi Gras party, as for the past few years she's used beginning readers and wore them out. :laugh:

So...spoke with her this evening and booked the gig (4 hours). I included travel since she lives a bit away from me. She preferred to pay a flat rate, and did say that she and her husband tip (they offer tarot readings among other "New Age" things at the party. I'm just doing 2- to 3-card readings, 10-15 min. per person.

When asked her how many people will be at the party, she said, "Oh, about 100."

:bugeyed:

She did say that not everyone would be getting readings, but still. :bugeyed: She was also wanting to use an experienced reader because the beginners were still learning card meanings, and it took away a bit from the experience. (Bless their hearts).

And since it's Mardi Gras...do you even have to ask if I'll have the NOVT with me?. ;) I've already cleared it with the hostess that my dear deck will be in effect at the party. I'll also bring my "reader-friendly" Mystic Dreamer and Gilded decks, and the Deviant Moon. And my Celtic Messages and Druid Plant Oracles too (people like oracle readings, for some reason...maybe 'cause it's different).

I'm excited, but I am also bugged out, like WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!!!

D-Day is Feb. 21. Pray for me.

*faints*

T.

Tansey Ella

wow 100 people . I will pray for you:)

starrystarrynight

That is SO cool, T.! You will be terrific...especially with the NOVT. How perfect is that???

Cat*

Yay! :thumbsup: In my experience, those "OMFG, WHAT have I DONE?!" things usually are exactly what we need. They tend to go amazingly well, too. Which is to say, I believe you'll do just fine. You'll probably be high for days after. ;)

I'm already looking forward to hear how it went! :)

franniee

AWESOME!!! this is so coool!!!! You go girl!

You know what to do. Bring lost of business cards and water and energy boosting snacks and have a blast! :heart:

celticnoodle

[size=7+]:thumbsup: HURRAY!!! [/size]

Afro, I think this is GREAT!!!! I know you'll be fantastic, and I know they'll ask you back again for the next Mardi Gras party!!! :D

Congrats and will be thinking of you and sending you lots of energy and light for you on this day. now go blow their socks off!

Grizabella

Congratulations! And of course the NOVT has to go! What else???

You'll do fantastically! I'll be sending you good vibes and prayers all the time, from now till D-Day and through it. :D :heart:

Since it's Mardi Gras, you're going to dress up, aren't you? What fun!

afrosaxon

Thank you all for the congrats and well wishes.

And here's another synchronicity: at the shop where I read, they gave her a copy of my January 2009 Tarotscopes (I email them out to my mailing list, but I give a free copy to clients as a little bit extra, along with an appropriate tumbled stone). And guess what deck I use for my Tarotscopes? The NOVT? :D She contacted me using the info on the Tarotscopes, after getting the endorsement from the store.

I thought all of the extra Tarotscopes copies were gone, so I was surprised when she said that she'd been given one.

The Universe moves in mysterious ways. :cool:

T.

tarotlyn

...:):heart:afrosaxon...sweetie, you are going to be SENSATIONAL!!!

...and those 100 people better "run for cover" when you start reading them:bugeyed::laugh::D
because they won't know what hit them!:laugh:

...all kidding aside, girl, you are going to be so terrific...I feel it:heart:

I would like to suggest that you take a friend along to help you organize
them or to just be there for you...to hand you things...etc...
Although, you don't really need anyone there with you...a friend would just be
a help to you.

February 21st is a ways off, so you have plenty of time to prepare...
a little table, silk cloth table cover, a few candles, some crystals and other
stones...maybe some incense cones or sticks and a burner...you know the drill...
...you go girl...

After the first few people (readings)...you WILL get control of the room...
and you should be able to relax and read for the "highest good" of all...

Bless your little heart, :heart:afrosaxon:heart:...
...and I WILL keep you in my prayers for this very special day for you...
(Mercury Retrograde will be over way before then...so all should go very smooth)

Love you!
:):heart:tarotlyn (Lyn)

zannamarie

Relax and have lots of fun! :) :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting the gig and remember to keep your boundaries. Just because there will be 100 people there doesn't mean you must run yourself into the ground. Remember you have quite a ways to drive home after the party is done.

Edited to add: Drink lots of water that night.